aberdeen-music

is this a good idea?

ChildofBodom

what is a wall of death?

It's when you get half the crowd to stand at one side of the stage, and the other half to stand at the other. Then at a specified point in the song they all run at each other. It's not very good really. It's almost as rubbish as a circle pit.

Personally for your first gig you might be better off concentrating on playing everything in time and in the right order.

seeing a wall of death done properly is brutal. people getting their shit ruined all over the place. problem being, you need total audience participation which generally comes through infatuation and having paid to come and see you, which is unlikely for a first gig. although, if you do that classic first gig full of friends trick and your friends are a bit silly, you might pull it off.

the only thing i've seen like that with an unsigned band in aberdeen was alyssas wish/liber8 at lava/kef. entertaining stuff!

/x

yeah well when can u play stuff like, steve vai - speed metal symphony, dragon force - through the fire and flames, children of bodom kissing the shadows etc etc u kinda get cocky lol, or maybe i am just a cocky ass

Steve Vai ever instigate a 'wall of death'?o_O

*waits for the above quoted post to get ripped a new asshole*

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i was wonderin does anyone think it is a good idea to get the crowd to start a wall of death playing your first gig?

No. Well, unless you want a load of macho gumby fuckwits working off all that adolescent testosterone as your "fanbase".

Guest DustyDeviada
yeah well when can u play stuff like, steve vai - speed metal symphony, dragon force - through the fire and flames, children of bodom kissing the shadows etc etc u kinda get cocky lol, or maybe i am just a cocky ass

"Kissing The Shadows"? Did Hank not mind?

Anyhoo, all that's stuff's all well and good, but can you play the main riffs for Wild Thing or Sunshine of Your Love? 'Cause I can.

Beat that, mofo. :gringo:

Please record a version of you playing 'Through The Fire And Flames' for me please. I wanna see how well you can play it. :up:

yeah well were pritty tight, and pritty crazy possibly the most O.T.T band in aberdeen lol, wb

How can this be, if you haven't played a gig yet? OTT rehearsals?

I love winding up bedroom shredders. The problem with being a widdly-widdly shred-head is that there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you, someone will ALWAYS know more scales and modes than you; and some, just a few mind, might have lost their virginity...

• Upvote 1