aberdeen-music

R.I.P Robert Altman

KarmaTsunami

Guest DustyDeviada

A terrible shame, but he was 81 and was making quality films right up to his death.

I wonder what the odds on a posthumous best director Oscar next March for The Prairie Home Companion film would be, pipping "Marty" in the process?

I wonder what the odds on a posthumous best director Oscar next March for The Prairie Home Companion film would be, pipping "Marty" in the process?

Please don't jest;)

If Scorcese doesn't get a gong at the awards in Feb for The Departed he won't get one until he's the recipient of the Outstanding Contribution to Film Oscar a la Hitchcock

They already gave him one of those 'lifetime acheivement' Oscars at last year's ceremony, realising obviosly that he wasn't long for this earth and that he hadn't got one yet...

A great director - 'Short Cuts' is a classic, really broke the mould. Pity about 'Pret A Porter' though - maybe we'll just not mention it...

unfortunately, it's the most likely scenario. i normally stay up to watch them, but after nearly killing someone when eastwood got it for 'million dollar baby', and crying when 'brokeback mountain' lost out to 'crash' for best film this year (sleep deprivation people)...i might not...

but you're spot on about the long run for Altman. i love 'the long goodbye', one of my favourite films.