aberdeen-music

Alt.Country Anyone?

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

I'm thinking there's a need for a good alt.country band in Aberdeen. I know there are a few good country-ish acoustic acts out there, but anyone want to join me in putting together a full band?

Influences along the lines of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Kris Kristofferson, The Byrds, Burritos, Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch, Hank Williams, Hank III, The Jayhawks, Jerry Lee Lewis, Lyle Lovett, Rodney Crowell, etc

PM me if interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm moving to Aberdeen at the end of January and will be staying at least through June, and I love alt country. I'm looking for people to play music with, because I'm going to be away from my band and everyone I know. I sing and play guitar, but could also play any other neccessary country string instrument (i.e. mandolin). I could at least help you get off the ground before I go back to the States.

(p.s., nice Curb Your Enthusiasm icon! Love that show)

Seen Amy Sawers and/or Lorenzo Snow Collective recently(ish)? Two Aberdeen acts that sit easily and nicely in the Alt Country area.

Lorenzo are playing next weekend at Kilau and The Tunnels and Amy has a big night coming up at the Lemon Tree on the 26th Jan (see 'whats on').

More 'good' Alt Country bands would be just fine by me like...

:up:

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy

Hey, y'all, I'm a country boy, who is interested in doing vocals for a country band of some form. Admittedly, I'm more into contemporary artists such as Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Jo Dee Messina, Shania Twain, etc, but I am also very into Neo-Traditionalist country, and am a huge fan of Alan Jackson.

I would like to know a bit more about the other people interested, so I can ascertain my interest in this group.

EG

• 7 months later...
Guest DustyDeviada

OK, after a few false starts I'm going to try to get this going again, I'm looking for a guitar player, either to play just rhythm, or take a few leads and some vocals as well if you like, PM me if interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...