aberdeen-music

Best Bond theme?

Paulscoconutass

Live and Let Die - by a mile.

Coming a pretty damn closesecond is Die Another Day - which I don't care what anyone says is a bloody amazing tune, and was by far the best thing about that piss poor final Pierce flick.

Honourable mentions to Motiv8's Searching For the Goldeneye certainly the best song made for a film never to make it to theme song status. It's club-tastic. (searching for the goldeneye and i'm running out of time, trying to find the answers to so many years of lies oooh oooh)

I like Goldfinger and View to a Kill. Talking about Tomorrow Never Dies the rejected theme that Pulp recorded is unsuprisingly much better than that Sheryl Crow tosh. On that subject, does anyone know of any other rejected Bond themes?

Edit: I shall answer my own question. From Wikipedia:

"The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), For Your Eyes Only (1981) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) each resulted in alternative theme songs which were submitted to the producers, but never used. Alice Cooper's alternative theme for The Man with the Golden Gun appeared on his 1973 album Muscle of Love while the Blondie version of For Your Eyes Only can be found on 1982's The Hunter. Several artists, some of them already involved with David Arnold's Shaken and Stirred Bond compilation project, were asked to submit theme songs for Tomorrow Never Dies. Pulp's "Tomorrow Never Lies" – dating from a time when this was the film's title – was released as a b-side on their 1997 single "Help the Aged", and on the vinyl version of their 1998 album This is Hardcore. Another contender by Saint Etienne, entitled simply "Tomorrow Never Dies," turned up on their Built on Sand album, with the liner notes revealing that Pierce Brosnan kept the master tape of the song. Other artists who submitted Tomorrow Never Dies themes included The Cardigans and Space. Sheryl Crow's theme was ultimately used."

Guest DustyDeviada

1. You Only Live Twice

2. Nobody Does it Better

3. We Have All the Time in the World (I don't think this is an official one either, but tough.)

4. Live and Let Die

5. Goldeneye

Guest onlynik

I'd say Live and Let Die, Or Nobody does it better, A view to a Kill, maybe even the Living Daylights.

I also like On Her Majesty's Secret Service Featuring Propellerheads on the David Arnold Shaken and Stirred album

Yeah, I loved the Garbage one, and the cool Bond-esque video too. I have to go with 'You Only Live Twice', although there's barely been a bad Bond theme. Having said that, the latest one is pants.

have to agree about the latest one, its not that its a particulary bad song but it just doesnt sound like a bond theme if you get my drift.

I'm going with that 'formation' too! I quite like the Cornell one from the couple of times I have heard it, but it's far too early to put it into my rankings yet. I'l give it a few month and see if I still like it.....

Yeah, i quite like the Cornell one from the few times i've heard it but like you i'm not quite willing to add it to the others.