aberdeen-music

Ride the Lightning

imt

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont quote me on this. But Metallica were supposed to be the 1st band to do the double bass that fitted in with the guitar riff, (like what Fearfactory do). on the end of the song One.

I've had a good think about that, and I cant think of a song before that album came out, that has that type of drumming in it.

OMG LOL!

dyers eve is a great song, i would say the drumming is pretty sweet on that

the guy can obviously drum, i have heard the rumours about 100 takes and the ol he had to practice each part about 150 times to get it right etc at the end of the day, who actually cares, they ended up writing some decent music and what he wrote worked well for the parts. granted, i actually really dislike metallica, always have, but a few of the tunes on and justice (blackened, one, dyers eve) i actually like lsitening to.

the guy can obviously drum, i have heard the rumours about 100 takes and the ol he had to practice each part about 150 times to get it right etc at the end of the day, who actually cares, they ended up writing some decent music and what he wrote worked well for the parts. granted, i actually really dislike metallica, always have, but a few of the tunes on and justice (blackened, one, dyers eve) i actually like lsitening to.

The three songs you name there are 3 of the best songs that band have ever written IMO.

Justice is definitely my favourite Metallica album.

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Aye!

That night was a bit weird!?

Fuck knows who actually owned the wheelchair?

A great night indeed! I think Baldy's got some pics of you at that gig in his gallery if you want a laugh............

• 4 weeks later...

exactly so what if he has to practise something not all of us, unlike some people on here obviously, are blessed with supreme natural musical talent, so for us humans practise is a must. Why does he have to be an amazing drummer anyway, is it because he drums for metalica? whether people like it or not, and im not a fan, metalica have been a great band who have had a major influence on modern music there is no changing that.

• 1 month later...