aberdeen-music

GUNS ON THE ROOF, Drummonds - 14/11/06

Guns On The Roof marked the release of Ian Glasper's book (with a DVD comin' soon too) The Day The Country Died - A History Of Anarcho punk 1980-1984 with a show in Glasgow, which included a host of other bands, Oct. See here: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38247&highlight=Country+Died However, gotta say that these guys ain't my thing at all. And 16 Again definitely not.

If You Have Nothing Good To Say...

Write for Fudge Fanzine - they love it.

I don't give a fuck if anyone likes any of the bands I play in, I enjoy playing great songs with my friends, it beats sitting here typing shite like this and getting into pointless dialogue with idiots.

Write for Fudge Fanzine - they love it.

I don't give a fuck if anyone likes any of the bands I play in, I enjoy playing great songs with my friends, it beats sitting here typing shite like this and getting into pointless dialogue with idiots.

I'm sorry, but idiot? Do we really have to descend to name calling of this kind? And the fact you've done so I think proves who has won this arguement. But regarding this supposed pointless dialogue... The reason I posted when I did was not coz I didn't like you guys, but coz I thought, though obviously I've been proven wrong, that folks such as yourself would have been interested in the fact that Guns On The Roof had played a fest marking the publication of Terrorizer man Ian Glasper's book The Day The Country Died. Shit, you did play with 'em. Sure, said too that I didn't like 'em. Said too I didn't like 16 Again, but only as an aside.

Oh, and if yer callin' in to question my commitment to this community, have played an active role in both the DIY and wider punk communities for the best part of the last 27 years. Can you say the same? No I thought not. Sittin' at home doin' jackshit indeed.

you obviously don't know me, I 'd like to know your involvement in the punk communities though, do you play in bands, promote, or write for magazines, do radio shows or anything else interesting?

Well, I produced two zines - Incendiary and Insurrection, ran a distro, have arranged shows, contributed to other zines and in particular US anarcho punk mag Profane Existence, am a member of PE's online community, was in a band (of the anarcho punk variety though don't really wanna talk about that), and do, through various other means, whatever I can to support the DIY punk community. However, my political work, which do believe is a part of this commitment, is of far greater importance.

Damn, feelin' kinda guilty 'bout my last post - ya know, you having inquired as to my involvement in the punk community and hell you do appear genuinely interested. Guess we just got off to a bad start.

Anarchy?

It's nae my scene , I find the idea quite rediculous, and I canna see onybody putting on a gig in an underground dive changing the world for the better, unless they donate all the profits to a deserving cause, but I was pretty impressed with some of the Class war shennanigans in the 1980s .

Here's something you might enjoy

(www.blahparty.org)

It's nae my scene , I find the idea quite rediculous, and I canna see onybody putting on a gig in an underground dive changing the world for the better, unless they donate all the profits to a deserving cause, but I was pretty impressed with some of the Class war shennanigans in the 1980s .

Here's something you might enjoy

(www.blahparty.org)

You're right of course. Despite my long involvement with the anarcho punk community, and I'm sure you'll think this strange lookin' at what I've said here, I have over the last couple of years become extremely disillusioned - with the absence of any real politics, the staggering hypocrisy, I could go on. Despite its huge potential - that is in terms of change, it's become lil more than a social club, a great great shame coz the scene (at least as it was in the 1980s) was so militant and active. Sure, folks today got a lot to say, but really, don't do shit politically. I'm stickin' with the activist community.

Yeah, caught the Blah! Party online. Gotta say that I've always liked the Captain.

Class War? Well, while I was not a member of the federation, I did support their activities, mainly via my participation in regular paper sales. Met founder Ian Bone too.

I thought Guns On The Roof played a blinder! They must've got a right bump back down to earth playing to a handfull of people at drummonds considering they were supporting Rancid a week or so ago down at the Barrowlands! (and they were great there as well)

Severe lack of posters or any promotion for this gig, disapointing!

Weren't you playing the gig? Why didn't you punt it yourself some?

Thats right, we did punt it around but who's going to take the word of an oap punk playing in a shameless cover band anyway.:D Dont get me wrong it was great to be asked to play and really appreciate it and had a good time but if everyone involved does a bit of promotion (including the promoter cause lets face it being a promoter means you promote things.) it could have pulled in more punters.