aberdeen-music

M$ Vista

rune

just tried the proper release on my computer, nice presentation, enhanced visuals and very little driver support, what a load of crap lol

Refused to install my graphics, sound and network drivers, after a lengthy search on the net it appears there is no support either. Fuck vista i aint touching it. Stay well clear at any cost. Can't even uninstall and i am left with a dead os, just aswell i put it on a different partition or i would be really fucked. Wont even let me delete the directory from xp :\

Guest onlynik
just tried the proper release on my computer, nice presentation, enhanced visuals and very little driver support, what a load of crap lol

Refused to install my graphics, sound and network drivers, after a lengthy search on the net it appears there is no support either. Fuck vista i aint touching it. Stay well clear at any cost. Can't even uninstall and i am left with a dead os, just aswell i put it on a different partition or i would be really fucked. Wont even let me delete the directory from xp :\

Aye I wonder why its called a Release to Manufacturers. Maybe you should buy a better PC system, then it would work OK.

Aye I wonder why its called a Release to Manufacturers. Maybe you should buy a better PC system, then it would work OK.

Lets see, amd xp 2600, 1.5 gig ddr3, audigy 2, geoforce 6800gt, linksys networking card.

Ie - You are talking out of your ass :)

Didnt you know it was released to the public too?

whats a beta version?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage#Beta

I suspect Rune is talking about one of the Release Candidate versions of Vista rather than a Beta version. He might even be talking about the final release because it should be finished now if corporate customers are getting it on the 30th of this month.

My verdict? Use OS X instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_stage#Beta

I suspect Rune is talking about one of the Release Candidate versions of Vista rather than a Beta version. He might even be talking about the final release because it should be finished now if corporate customers are getting it on the 30th of this month.

My verdict? Use OS X instead.

Release Candidate...that's what I was thinking of, I couldn't remember the name. One of my friends tried it out last month and said it has compatibility issues with heaps of stuff it's not even funny.

What are you?

My thoughts exactly.

rune, you must have downloaded the beta, or the manufacturer version (ie for companies to get accustomed to the dynamics of the OS for software development and use of applications, not for home use).

There's no way it's the retail version because it isn't out till 30th January 2007.

For anyone who hasn't seen what Vista looks like, here is a screenshot:

Windows_Vista_Desktop.png

hmm...that doesn't look like a certain OS that runs on Apple's...

Guest onlynik
Lets see, amd xp 2600, 1.5 gig ddr3, audigy 2, geoforce 6800gt, linksys networking card.

Seems to work fine on my machine though, so if we have the same OS then the only thing that is holding back you back is you machine. Could be your hard disks.

My system

2 x 74 gig Raptors (Raid 1)

5 x 250 gig WD RE (Raid 5)

2 x Nvidia 6800 GS

2 x 1 gig OCZ DDR Ram

AMD 64x2 4200

Runs failry well, this is the last RC that came out, build 5600, I also have 5744, haven't installed that. I'll be buying the new OS when it ships next year.

I run XP on a pair of 36 gig raptors at the mo.

Also I'm runningt he 64 bit version, so fast.

Guest onlynik

The fianl release has NOT been release to teh general public, there have some beta versions.

I'm more interested in your DDR3 ram, what make is it, what mother board do you have to run DDR3 ram and an AMD XP 2600, which I assume is a Socket A chip?

Guest onlynik
Help ma boab, that must have cost a fair bit. Mine only holds 5 which I think is normal, although I do have a funky fan attached to the side with blue LEDs. :up:

Culmination of presents from last years Christmas ( thanks to my lovely lady) and a treat to myself for getting a new job, took about 4 months get all the bits

The fianl release has NOT been release to teh general public, there have some beta versions.

I'm more interested in your DDR3 ram, what make is it, what mother board do you have to run DDR3 ram and an AMD XP 2600, which I assume is a Socket A chip?

could be novatech memory. ddr pc3200 memory, typo! :O

got a gigabyte 7VT600P board. wish i did have ddr 3 tho :\

although can run all games so i am happy enough atm

Need more hard drive space my 500 gig on 3 drives is almost spent!