aberdeen-music

Film Soundtrack Thread

Old Gold

I suppose this could have easily slotted into music, but then it's not really looking at the music in relation to the film as a whole.

So what flicks contain your favourite music? I choose Paris, Texas for Ry Cooder's slide guitar work, Woody Allan's Sweet and Low Down for its smile-raising Gypsy Jazz and finally Reservoir Dogs for being downright cool.

The Jungle Book

Toy Story I

The Lion King

Most Bond Songs

South Park: Bigger Longer Uncut

Mary Poppins

The Edukators

Freddy Got Fingered

American Pie I

Whilst it's something that I don't usually pay attention to it's mostly the big films that stick in my mind. Also, the music played in 'The beat that my heart skipped' is rather smashing.

Guest DustyDeviada

Local Hero

Dirty Harry

Magnum Force

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (in fact all of the "Dollars" trilogy)

Midnight Run

I know it's been done to death, but Pulp Fiction is a damn good soundtrack album.

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Last Action Hero

I have been forced to listen to both of these on tape recently due to my temperamental CD player not working. The Winger and Slaughter track on Bogus Journey are beauties! :headbang:

I think these are the only soundtracks I actually own. A lot of soundtracks I have enjoyed as part of the movie but I've never thought to buy them on CD.

Guest bluesxman

Dead Man, great guitar score by Neil Young

Suspiria, insane prog rock score by Goblin for an insane art-horror film, best listened to in the dark.

Lords Of Dogtown, great cover of Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' by Sparklehorse being the highlight.

Fistful Of Dollars/For A Few Dollars More/The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Twin Peaks/Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me

Lost Highway

Pulp Fiction

Love And A .45

Repo Man

A Clockwork Orange

Jackass The Movie

Guest bluesxman
The Spun soundtrack is also the cat's pajamas, but I've never found it available on CD...

As the biggest Corgan fanboy I know, do you have the Zwan version of 'Number Of The Beast' at all?