aberdeen-music

Cansei Dei Ser Sexi

Biz

Guest bluesxman

It was really good. Apart from not being able to see much and some hilarious attempts to dance by people who have the motor skills of a new born giraffe. The Rogers Sisters were great as well, I'd never heard them before and they were a nice surprise, glad I got there just in time for the start of their set.. 1990's were as awful as I remembered. Especially the throw away Fratelli's lick. That's like the shit acknowledging the better known shit. My nightmare world presently consists of me having to listen to an endless stream of these run of the mill indie bands who seem to be popping up with alarming frequency.

But all in all a bargain night, nice one.

I really liked the 1990's. I've seen them quite a few times now and they get better with every listen. I appreciate the "run of the mill indie" tag and that's how I viewed them the first time I saw them but having listened to their recorded stuff I have a different opinion of them. They've a good turn of phrase and are kind of endearingly shambolic sound and stage show. The drummers a dude too. They'll never be massive but I'm looking forward to their album. I saw the Fratellis lick as an "ironic" piss take/joke.

CSS did nothing for me at all personally. My mates flicked their drinks in my eyes as directed by the annoying wee tub of a singer and that mild discomfort was the only thing I felt during their set.

Each to their own though!

CSS did nothing for me at all personally. My mates flicked their drinks in my eyes as directed by the annoying wee tub of a singer and that mild discomfort was the only thing I felt during their set.

Each to their own though!

surely you mean super cute and endearingly mad singer. :love:

The best part for me was the Sleater Kinney song. I wasn't overawed with the performance and a lot of their material seemed quite samey, but I think I'm in the minority.

I didn't recognise Sleater Kinney one? I quite liked the first one they did after the boy and girl swapped guitar and drums. Was that it? I agree with the sameyness but am going to stop sullying this thread now with my negativity.

Didn't see the Roger Sisters, 1990s were incredibly shit, second time I've had the misfortune to see them and they haven't got any better. CSS were really fun, not sure if I'd listen to them on record a lot though.

Too many arseholes who put dancing (badly) ahead of not headbutting you/spilling you drinks/standing on your foot, etc.

surely you mean super cute and endearingly mad singer. :love:

Yeah, I would get rude with her, we share a love for stripes and she does have an endearing belly.

I had a lot of fun, which I don't often say about gigs. The CSS set nose-dived when the mustachioed drummer (Armando...is it?) jumped ship to play bass, though. The opening few tracks, like the album, were storming. My highlight would have to be Lovefoxxx's Triple H impersonation...

PS Dave, I'm disappointed you didn't have the courage to text me back and concede your knowledge of Middle Age Scottish history to be schoolboy (if that!)

I had a great night, I enjoyed all bands, missed most of The Roger Sisters but what I heard I very much enjoyed, 1990's didn't do that much for me but were all right. CSS were amazing, have been listening to their album for a few weeks now and its great, my only grump was 15.00 a t-shirt, thats pissing well expensive.

A pretty cool video.