aberdeen-music

aberdeen-music.com book club?

-matthEw-

any chance of getting an online book club on the go within this forum. reading is a great hobby of mine but its something that i need an incentive most of the time to do, otherwise i just forget about it and sit and stew in front of the t.v or pc.

any interest?

you know how i know your gay? because you like reading! rofl!

you know how i know your gay? because you like reading! rofl!

you mean you didnt get the hint when i went down on you last band practise? :popcorn:

i was thinking it could work as follows: we collectively decide on a book we're going to read, and once everyone has aquired a copy we get a fortnight (or whatever time period) to read it then start a thread about the book, where we all talk about the imagery and character development as if we actually have a clue.

but really there are a few formats we could use, and i'd be happy with whatever.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

"Discuss the current literature, smoke your cigarettes and drink your cappucino in trendy beatnik coffee houses. Your pseudo-intellectual bullshit makes murder a viable option, you worthless fuck". - Enemy Soil - "P.I.B."

All that time spent talking about reading could be spent reading.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Mood's never been better, it's just that the thought of a bunch of people sitting around jawing about a book is bizarre. Reading's a personal thing, keep it to yourself.

Book Club... like we can swap our books through here via PM etc??

Well if thats the crack then I got:

Da Vinci code

Angels & Demons

Marching Powder

Jarhead

Child called It

K-Pax (Trilogy)

at the moment available for swaapping..

I'm looking for a similar line of books if we're doing this whole swap thang.

Mood's never been better, it's just that the thought of a bunch of people sitting around jawing about a book is bizarre. Reading's a personal thing, keep it to yourself.

i don't understand what you could have against other people sharing their views on a book, what is it about reading that's so inherently personal compared to watching films or listening to music? fair enough if you find reading a personal experience and don't want to share your thoughts, but if that's the case i'm not sure a book forum is the place for you.

Book Club... like we can swap our books through here via PM etc??

Well if thats the crack then I got:

Da Vinci code

Angels & Demons

Marching Powder

Jarhead

Child called It

K-Pax (Trilogy)

at the moment available for swaapping..

I'm looking for a similar line of books if we're doing this whole swap thang.

it's more like everyone reads the same book and then discusses it, but maybe you could start a new thread for folks who want to swap books

a good way to work it would be have a nomination thread for a few days where everyone suggests a book to read. Then we stick a poll up for a day or so where everyone can vote on the next book.

Or everyone who's interested nominates one book and we simply work through the list.

a good way to work it would be have a nomination thread for a few days where everyone suggests a book to read. Then we stick a poll up for a day or so where everyone can vote on the next book.

Or everyone who's interested nominates one book and we simply work through the list.

The nomination sounds like a good idea :) . At least that way the book is likely to be of general interest rather than one persons obscure taste...I for one wouldn't want to end up reading something like "Star wars adventures"

i say we just go through all the £3 books in fopp in alphabetical order!

i have a bad feeling this whole things going to lead to me reading the da vinci code or harry potter, that's what this crazy democratic 'read the most popular book' thing will give us. but ye, i guess everyone nominating one book would be the easiest and least controversial way

i have a bad feeling this whole things going to lead to me reading the da vinci code or harry potter, that's what this crazy democratic 'read the most popular book' thing will give us. but ye, i guess everyone nominating one book would be the easiest and least controversial way

You could always watch the films and blag it with those two ;) I've not seen the film but I'd imagine the film is more satisfying than the book in the case of the Da Vinci Code. Couldn't be much worse IMO.

I'd like to say yay but would never finish the book in time, unless we started with the one I'm almost finished!