Jump to content
aberdeen-music
Guest Jake Wifebeater

Your current read?

Recommended Posts

Recent reads:

"The Longest River" by Hildred Billings 

"Dead Girls Can't Lie" by Carys Jones 

"You Let Me In" by Lucy Clarke. 

"The Colour Of Magic" by Terry Pratchett. 

"You Let Me In" was the pick of them. A modern psychological thriller that manages to keep you guessing to the end. Tore through that one. 

Currently chipping away at "The Waste Lands" by Stephen King, the third book in the Dark Tower series but I just can't seem to get going with it. Also slowly working through "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand, which is excellent but long and I'm not really finding much time to read at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest E.C

read The Good Immigrant and Blitzed which was about drugs in Nazi Germany which was absolutely mad. Only 9 more to go to reach 52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Lemonade said:

Recent reads:

 

Currently chipping away at "The Waste Lands" by Stephen King, the third book in the Dark Tower series but I just can't seem to get going with it. Also slowly working through "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand, which is excellent but long and I'm not really finding much time to read at the moment. 

A couple of them are a bit slow going to be honest, but the whole series is well worth a read IMO.  Hah, I had to go through them twice because I had read the whole series, I thought. Then I discovered Song Of Susannah and read them all again to get that one in perspective. I suppose it's hit or miss if they appeal to you or not. I love everything Stephen King writes. Still searching vainly for a copy of The Colorado Kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trikelops said:

A couple of them are a bit slow going to be honest, but the whole series is well worth a read IMO.  Hah, I had to go through them twice because I had read the whole series, I thought. Then I discovered Song Of Susannah and read them all again to get that one in perspective. I suppose it's hit or miss if they appeal to you or not. I love everything Stephen King writes. Still searching vainly for a copy of The Colorado Kid.

Same, I've read almost all of his books and there are very few I didn't like but I just can't get going with The Dark Tower. I don't like reading fantasy anyway, it's a genre I mostly avoid, but especially when it's so long-winded and so dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, Lemonade said:

Same, I've read almost all of his books and there are very few I didn't like but I just can't get going with The Dark Tower. I don't like reading fantasy anyway, it's a genre I mostly avoid, but especially when it's so long-winded and so dry. 

What got me really intrigued and amazed at his writing on this series, was how he managed to work in the characters who disappeared in the book Black House! I also wondered if the places they encountered during their travels, like  ruins of cities and the like were what had been left after the mass wipe-out of humanity in The Stand. Still my favourite author by a long way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest E.C

I have somehow fallen behind in my book-a-week challenge and need to read 3 in a week to get back on form...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...