aberdeen-music

Your current read?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Just finished "11/22/63", Stephen King.

Now reading "Thinner", also Stephen King.

Finished "Thinner" and started two new books, "The Best In The World (At What I Have No Idea)" by Chris Jericho and "59 Seconds" by Richard Wiseman.

I also joined GoodReads recently if anyone wants to be cyber pals. @5ea5erpent

Edited by Loopy Racist

I have just started 'Last and First Men'.

Apparantly it had a vast impact on Arthur C. Clarke's imagination and Winston Churchill said it was good. It traces the rise and fall of the human race over a period of 2 billion years so I'm guessing it'll be fairly mintal.

In the interim between this and finishing 'The Double' I read a Poe short. I had no idea what was going on but the words were beautiful - like a fresh pair of tits on page 3.

Finished "Thinner" and started two new books, "The Best In The World (At What I Have No Idea)" by Chris Jericho and "59 Seconds" by Richard Wiseman.

I also joined GoodReads recently if anyone wants to be cyber pals. @5ea5erpent

Polished off the Jericho book (it was shite), now reading "Peterhead Porridge" by James Crosbie, humorous memoirs from an ex-con about his time locked up there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AQXC7Z2?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&robot_redir=1

Will try to get into this thread again.

Recently finished 'HHhH' by Laurent Binet which was excellent. It's very unique in that it's an account of a historical event (the assassination attempt on leading Nazi Reinhard Heydrich) but the author gives a running commentary on his own thoughts whilst researching and writing the book. It's difficult to explain so you should just read it.

I'm now reading 'Fall of Giants' by Ken Follett. It's an epic saga based in WW1. I really liked his medieval series (Pillars of the Earth and World Without End) and this is in a similar vein. He writes a ripping yarn and is pretty educational too.

Polished off the Jericho book (it was shite), now reading "Peterhead Porridge" by James Crosbie, humorous memoirs from an ex-con about his time locked up there.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AQXC7Z2?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&robot_redir=1

Hammering through the books since I got my new Kindle. Finished this. Started "Pygmy" by Chuck Palahniuk. I gave up very early last time I tried to read it. Hopefully I'll get to the end this time :)

What did you think? It's one of my all time favourites.

I really enjoyed it - the character of Atticus is superb and it's really well put together. Excellent read!

That Pygmy nonsense looks unreadable!

Finished 1984 on the bus to work this morning (just the sort of appendix bit to go). Interesting and glad I've read it but it was dry and pretty depressing! I guess that's maybe the point, but I like a bit of hope and inspiration in with the depression!!

I really enjoyed it - the character of Atticus is superb and it's really well put together. Excellent read!

That Pygmy nonsense looks unreadable!

Finished 1984 on the bus to work this morning (just the sort of appendix bit to go). Interesting and glad I've read it but it was dry and pretty depressing! I guess that's maybe the point, but I like a bit of hope and inspiration in with the depression!!

The main thing is you are now qualified to describe anything that happens in modern society as "a bit Orwellian"

• Upvote 2

Reading Inverting the Pyramid: the history of football tactics, by Jonathon Wilson.  Fucking excellent read. 

Also reading The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair.  Really good so far, but only 50 pages in or so.  Joel Dicker was younger than me when he wrote it, which is dead inspirational and that. 

• Upvote 2