aberdeen-music

Your current read?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I love his style, no wasted words, just action! I appreciate it's a bit different tho!

Aye I love it too. Been relatively powering through his stuff since picking up 'The Black Dahlia' earlier in the year. 'American Tabloid' was amazing. TCST is brilliant but think I'm suffering Ellroy fatigue. I'll get there mind. Can't not finish the trilogy. Just might take a wee Lehane, Leonard length break.

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished Chuck Palahniuk's "Lullaby". Thought it was a right load of old pish, but like most Palahniuk books it all comes together in the last chapter. The end reward isn't really worth the effort of reading it all though.

I've now read a couple of his books and decided I just don't like his style. Started with 'Fight Club' after seeing the film, natch, and preferred the film. Not going to bother with anymore.

I'm currently reading 'A Long Slow Screw' which is a crime novel by Eugene S Robinson, singer from the band Oxbow. Pretty decent.

I've now read a couple of his books and decided I just don't like his style. Started with 'Fight Club' after seeing the film, natch, and preferred the film. Not going to bother with anymore.

I'm currently reading 'A Long Slow Screw' which is a crime novel by Eugene S Robinson, singer from the band Oxbow. Pretty decent.

They're hit or miss I find. Survivor and Haunted are excellent, but I was left a bit cold by Rant, Lullaby, Choke and Invisible Monsters.

I enjoyed Choke.

I thought Choke was pretty decent, though haven't ever fancied reading any of his others. Finished The Cold Six Thousand at last. Pretty brutal. His final, 'Bloods A Rover' should be popping through the letterbox shortly. Until then making my way through 'Battle Royale'. Pretty good, though you do occasionally get the impression the translation wasn't as good as it could be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just finished Lampedusa's 'The Leopard', which was a nice little palate cleanser after finishing 'Gravity's Rainbow', and starting John Barth's 'The Sot-Weed Factor' which is in a pseudo-18th century stylee, as it were.

Also the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers Complete Omnibus- awe inspiring greatness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't checked this thread in ages. I'm running low on my stock of good books at the moment. Have resorted to buying Tony Adams' autobiography off amazon. I don't know what's going on. What should I be reading? 

if you could recommend one book and one book only which book would it be and why?

Haven't checked this thread in ages. I'm running low on my stock of good books at the moment. Have resorted to buying Tony Adams' autobiography off amazon. I don't know what's going on. What should I be reading? 

if you could recommend one book and one book only which book would it be and why?

I recently bought Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted. Away to start reading it tonight. Apparently it's amazing. And you have to hold your breath during a chapter and people fainted at live readings.

I recently bought Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted. Away to start reading it tonight. Apparently it's amazing. And you have to hold your breath during a chapter and people fainted at live readings.

Chapter 1. Guts.

That's my favourite Chuck Palahniuk book. I've read a lot of them, some of them are pretty ding but that one is immense.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...