aberdeen-music

italian restaurants

Graham

I'll second that (possibly slightly biased...) view. Cheap and cheerful and good. What's the licence situation now? Is it still BYOB?

Were fully liscenced now. The Byo was a good selling point in that its the only place in Aberdeen that does it i believe? Problem was the place was bombarded with drunken slags every weekend who would quite happily sit with a bowl of chips infront of them and knock back 42 blue wickeds and 20 bottles of wine. Kinda made my life a bit difficult and it was a shame for couples and small groups that were just out for a quiet night.Plus they werent to happy being shacked up next to loud ,hyper girls who would prefer to run about and smoke in the toilets than sit down for a meal. That being said alot of people came based on that kind of atmosphere alone but it was treated like more of a place to hang about in before town and get shitfaced than a restaurant. Since weve stopped it however bussiness has still been good but weve replaced tables of twenty to tables of smaller groups and the atmosphere has changed dramatically into a nice quiet place to chill out.We still get the big tables occasionally but they are much better well behaved as they have to put their hands in their pockets now if they want to get as pissed as they were.Personnally speaking i prefer the change as i can have more time to talk to the tables therefore giving them better service.Before it was hard to get heard and because of the drunk nature of a good majority of the customers it became a shit place to work at times.

Of course i am biased as it is my old mans place but id highly reccomend the food there and urge you all to pop down.It isnt that far from town and you can have a drink in the Holburn bar before or after.

On mondays to wednesdays from 5 to 7 we do ian Italien tapas platter and a choice of pasta dish which is two for twenty pounds.Which is a good deal imo.

Youll be garunteed a good feed and fingers crossed leave happy. Cheers folks.

Crocker.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by SteveCrisis

If you fancy a trek out of town try Casa Salvatore's in Ellon.

Most recommended.

i eat there about once a week, cant recomend it enough, lovley place. just dont go on someones birthday...

...fucking right...that man just CANNOT sing!!

I took my mother there, and as soon as he found out that she was from Barga in Tuscany, he started serenading her in a voice that was akin to a cat with it's baws firmly clamped in a vice.

Horrendous o_O

It's all moot, as Scots know sweet fuck-all about Italian food anyway.

Ive actually been meaning to pop in for a while. I live about 3 minutes walk away. Do you do takeaway or is it possible to get takeaway orders?

We do take away during the day which is your usual bits and bobs - sandwiches,potatoes,pasta etc.

It really depends at night time on how busy the kitchen is - if its pretty quiet they will.However were usually fully booked at the weekend and the kitchen gets super busy due to its size so anytime after 6 is usually a no go.

We only do a few pasta dishes for takeaway in the evenings.Garlic bread to.

You can chance it though - 583095

cheers

Settle this for me, is papagallos anything to do with papa pizza? Both of them have been quite good in my experience. Not that I order pizza very often. Or eat out. Infact I hate restaurants. Watching people eat together, watching and hearing people eat, it disgusts me, it's like watching people shit in reverse, who in their right mind would make taking a dump a communal activity?

Settle this for me, is papagallos anything to do with papa pizza? Both of them have been quite good in my experience.

Yes, I believe they are related. And I agree they're both very good. Well said.

Not that I order pizza very often. Or eat out.

Hmm. Hang on...

In fact I hate restaurants.

Ah jeez, here we go. I knew it was too good to be true...

Watching people eat together, watching and hearing people eat, it disgusts me, it's like watching people shit in reverse, who in their right mind would make taking a dump a communal activity?

And there we go. I thought you'd managed to drop your 'persona' for a while, but ah well, never mind...

Settle this for me, is papagallos anything to do with papa pizza? Both of them have been quite good in my experience. Not that I order pizza very often. Or eat out. Infact I hate restaurants. Watching people eat together, watching and hearing people eat, it disgusts me, it's like watching people shit in reverse, who in their right mind would make taking a dump a communal activity?

You tend not to notice other people if you're in good company. Take yourr ma out for a bite sometime and notice the difference.

I thought you'd managed to drop your 'persona' for a while, but ah well, never mind...

I'm interested to know more about this "persona" you've created and attributed to me inside the confines of your own mind. You're a bit old to be playing with dolls though, surely.

What I said in the last post, about being disgusted by watching other people eat, is straight up honesty. Fucking human, honest to goodness truthfulness. Do you really think I just come up with contrary arguments or positions for the sake of being contrary? Are you actually all so bloody pompous that you think my point of view is specifically manufactured to clash with your own in order to irritate you?

I'm the last fucking person who posts on this site that anyone could accuse of hiding behind a facade.

Infact I hate restaurants. Watching people eat together, watching and hearing people eat, it disgusts me, it's like watching people shit in reverse, who in their right mind would make taking a dump a communal activity?

Stripey, you talk some amount of pish most of the time, but you are right on the money here :up:

It never ceases to amaze and repulse me just how fucking disgusting people are when they eat in public.

Do yourself a favour and steer well clear of Jimmy Chung's - given a choice between eating my lunch in a pigpen while the swine dine, or go to Jimmy Chung's with it's sea of baseball caps, pushchairs, sportswear, body piercings and CUNTS who can't even wait to get back to their table before they start eating***, it would be the oinkers every time for me.

*** The usual routine for these peasants is to head straight for the deep fries (onion rings, chips, spring rolls etc), grab a flabby paw full of prawn crackers, start crunching them over the buffet whilst heaping everything else on display on their plates before smothering the whole amorphous lump with ladels of sweet chilli sauce. Disgusting Bastards :swearing:

I'm interested to know more about this "persona" you've created and attributed to me inside the confines of your own mind. You're a bit old to be playing with dolls though, surely.

What I said in the last post, about being disgusted by watching other people eat, is straight up honesty. Fucking human, honest to goodness truthfulness. Do you really think I just come up with contrary arguments or positions for the sake of being contrary? Are you actually all so bloody pompous that you think my point of view is specifically manufactured to clash with your own in order to irritate you?

I'm the last fucking person who posts on this site that anyone could accuse of hiding behind a facade.

Haha... You're right of course. The earlier nice part of the post was the facade. I just thought it was funny how you couldn't keep it up long enough to ask one simple question without slipping back into reminding us how much you hate humanity.

Don't ever change...

Rustico. Can't remember the name of this dish cos I just tried it last week for the first time, but it's bascially a giant skewer of chicken breast (about 3 chickens worth), italian sausage, onion, garlic, and peppers. Think it starts with a 'P'. The only meal I've never managed to finish, and not through lack of trying.

That would be Arrostito, which I ate last night. Lovely stuff.

• 2 years later...

Borsalino in Peterculter. Filleto Borsalino which is fillet steak with tomato and mozzarella on top. The 'Sophia Loren' is also good if you don't mind eating veal.

Went there about two weeks ago based on your recommendation. Quaint place, can't remember the name of what I had, but it was basically veal tenderloins topped with mozzarella and parma ham. Absolutely gorgeous. :up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Can I just say that this is an all-time favourite LOL post of mine...amazing!

Am surprised with the Rustico love on show. I've been there on several occasions because it is so popular with friends and family and it's never been above average. The first time I went I got a simple plate of pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce and it was literally one of the worst plates of food I'd ever had. So stodgy and flavourless. The only time in a restaurant i'd ever considered sending something back. After that I've stuck to the meat/fish dishes and they are a lot better but that first experience has tainted my view of the place.

Nae a bad word to say about Poldinos though.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Casa Gabrielle is my favourite restaurant. Every time I've been there it's been sublime. It is win. I've always found the owner really nice as well. It has that authentic italian touch with the old italian guy shuffling around the restaurant in slippers and a cardigan, muttering to himself.

I was very disappointed with Casa Gabriele. Tried it for the first time a couple of months ago as the brother-in-law is a fussy eater and Italian food is about the only option. Maybe it's better in the evenings, but lunchtime had a fairly limited menu as I recall, including the absolute worst risotto I've ever had. BIL thought his pasta was fab though ?(

Guess I'm spoiled by authentic Italian home-cooking from Mr Balvack's side of the family...