aberdeen-music

piercings...what've you got?

Guest MDP

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it to bits, which is quite wierd i guess since i don't have any mods myself. I'm waiting for the first line of tech-based functional body mods to get out of beta.

implanted rfid blood sugar measurer thing? YES PLEASE!

those magnet implants in the end of your ring finger? YAYYY!

/geekness.

Well there are a few possible reasons I assume:

1) They think it looks nice

2) They enjoy it physically (including spiritual reasons)

3) Cultural/Historical reasons

4) They think it makes them "cool"

It could be any one or a combination of these. The same reasons people do everything.

I'm no expert or anything though. I'm just some n00b.

I've only got a nipple piercing and only reason I wanted it done was because I thought it'd look cute, which it does. And I actually really liked the build up to getting it pierced and the rush afterwards, better than any drug I've experienced :) And of course, there is an element of sexual stuff in there too, it makes things even more interesting although I live in fear of my boyfriend rolling voer in his sleep and somehow ripping it out :down:

I never had lobes, as such. I have had now for a few years thanks to my piercings. Granted I have relatively biggish holes in my lugs but hey, the cost of acceptance by my peers...

I never give my holes a second thought, which isn't a good smell at all if I haven't washed by lugs for a day or two... o_O

I also remember saying I would only ever have one tattoo and one piercing. Hasn't quite worked out like that.

I will suggest that there isn't a great deal of difference between showing a piercing and keeping facial hair, goatee, full beard, whatever... Defining the tribe by which we choose to be associated, loosely or otherwise. It's as old as man and there is no right or wrong, apart from the not washing bit, that's wrong:up:

I find it alarming if men have anything other than lip/eyebrow/nose/tongue piercings so I'm not sure what I'd do if a guy had his nips done. I'm not even that keen on ear piercings on men :)

I know a couple where the bloke has his tongue pierced and she has her clit hood done. That had to be a very delicate process for a while.