aberdeen-music

Bass Amp

WoodyRATM

Save for an Ampeg, industry standard for SO many genre's. Not because they're cheap, but because they sound great, and are pretty versatile.

Introduction of a "Sansamp Bass Driver DI" to any setup will do WONDERS though.

If you've not heard of / got a Sansamp...you're missing out!

Best Bass 'Effects' pedal for dialing in a little crunch or just generally beefing up your sound. Also is a DI box, so that dastardly soundman has more of a task to make you sound AWFUL. ;)

Sansamps suck, almost as much as a pod.

Out of interest, why? It would seem that it would be more sensible to buy something that you can exploit to it's full potential, rather than spending a lot of cash on something that might be barely used?

You will never exploit anything in music to it's full potential. Part of the rest of my post was worded against going overkill with large speaker cabinets and other uncessary things,

The 'good enough for live' theory I also have changed my opinion against. I have seen (and heard) a number of musicains with phenominal instrument tones live and the difference in the enjoyment of listening ot them play is immsense. The Moorings Bar PA system is further evidence that high quality gear can enhance the enjoyment of a gig and i am sure quite a number of people have experienced gigs where low quality gear, whether it be crap guitars or speakers have spoilt the gig.

I like this man. Particularily the "almost as much as a pod" part. He deserves a free beer.

I dunno flash, these things tend to be quite well liked in the live sound community : http://www.tech21nyc.com/bassdriver.html

They're not emulators, just an attempt at the 'sound in a box' concept as opposed to the more traditional 'sound from a large rig spewing noise everywhere' concept. Seems quite elogant to me, if it sounds good. Apparently it does.

Pods on the other hand suck tremendous amounts of ass.