aberdeen-music

Orange Rocker 30

Diesel

The Rockers have been getting some good feedback on Harmony Central and Plexi Palace.

Which places, other than small Drakes-type venues, don't have a full PA these days? I gig/rehearse with my amp set to 5W (15W if I'm feeling saucy). 30W should be more than enough.

Let's be honest, people in Aberdeen are unlikely to know anything about it...

Why not?

Someone from Aberdeen has tried one and is interested enough to ask the question, stands to reason that a few more Aberdonians may have gone before him and found out enough about the amp to answer his questions.

Why not?

Someone from Aberdeen has tried one and is interested enough to ask the question, stands to reason that a few more Aberdonians may have gone before him and found out enough about the amp to answer his questions.

That comment was as much to do with the fact that Aberdonian music shops are HORRIFIC for choice and variety, as the fact that the majority of users on here will not have used one. Orange are relatively exclusive in the UK as a whole.

That comment was as much to do with the fact that Aberdonian music shops are HORRIFIC for choice and variety, as the fact that the majority of users on here will not have used one. Orange are relatively exclusive in the UK as a whole.

I've seen Orange amps in Aberdeen, as far as I can remember. Lets be honest, if we're going to be talking about the MAJORITY of users, surely the only piece of equipment the MAJORITY have used is Marshall and Fender? So should we just limit all discussion on equipment to Marshall and Fender?

Also, I wouldn't say the choice in Aberdeen's music shops is horrific.

Sad but true Maxi. Amps around here are utter garbage. Millers are horrific for amps and as far as we (R&B) go, if it isn't Marshall, Line 6 or Fender then we most likely don't have it.

It's unfortunate really. Perfect example is that we get Hughes & Kettner stuff and only stock the Matrix stuff (shit). I wanna try a Trilogy and a Switchblade! :down:

The amps 'available' for order are good - it's just pathetic that we (and others nearby to be fair...ish :up: ) stock none of them!

Perfect example - I bought my ENGL Powerball from R&B as a special order. If we had one in stock I reckon it would sell. :)

There are a huge number of people in Aberdeen currently using boutique amps far rarer than orange, what Aberdeen music stores stock is not a reflection on what local guitarists use, as with guitars I would guess a very small percentage of amps being used here were bought here.

G...

It was nothing to do with variety.

If you read the post more carefully, you would realise that diesel has been to RnB and in fact tried the Rockverb 30 combo that they have on display.

He simply wanted to know if anybody had tried one at a higher volume (outside a shop environment), and had a chance to hear the tubes cooking.

Stop stirring the shit.

It's unfortunate really. Perfect example is that we get Hughes & Kettner stuff and only stock the Matrix stuff (shit). I wanna try a Trilogy and a Switchblade! :down:

James, I've tried both of these (at Merchant City) and they are unbelievably good (particularly the Trilogy). Sadly, I just can't justify owning anything bigger than a 30 or 50 watt combo at the moment :down:

It's a pity that R&B don't stock them coz they kick Marshall's ass tae fuck :up: