aberdeen-music

aberdeen's music scene

ultra-violent

I think what is required is less talk/debate.................more action!o_O

Well, funny you should say that. (not specifically music but...)

New Aberdeen arts collective 'WELL' kick off tomorrow night and also at the weekend with some small interventions at the DiZZY SToRM Neptune gig.

Merely a side note:love:

Please let me take this opportunity to tell all you naysayers about a few Kenetic shows that are taking place in the next few weeks

Thursday 2nd November - The Tunnels, Underflow

Wednesday 8th November - Jumpin Jaks, Battle of the Bands

Saturday 9th December - The Moorings

We also have a track which will be featured on th new Fat Hippy Sampler due out on the 5th of December

So stop taking the piss and get your asses to some gigs dammit

x

www.myspace.com/keneticmusic

well why dont you get off your ass and do something 'exciting' for 'the scene' instead of expecting other people to hand it to you on a plate?

christ :rolleyes:

do you know the person that posted this thread or am i right in saying you just assumed that he wasnt doing anything?

i agree with him the problem isnt with the talent of the bands up here it's with all the bitchin and back biting between bands and the elitist bastards who feel they have some right to write off every band because they themselves don't like them. another problem is that people tend only to stay at gigs untill their friends bands have played then they leave that is a major detraction from the scene, bands are pluggin away but the crowd dont really care about the music so aren't listening.

and to the idiot that said 10 threads out of however many doesnt indicate a large problem,

of course it does i doubt this entire website is made up of three or four topics which are the "real" problems.

thank you and good bye

do you know the person that posted this thread or am i right in saying you just assumed that he wasnt doing anything?

i agree with him the problem isnt with the talent of the bands up here it's with all the bitchin and back biting between bands and the elitist bastards who feel they have some right to write off every band because they themselves don't like them. another problem is that people tend only to stay at gigs untill their friends bands have played then they leave that is a major detraction from the scene, bands are pluggin away but the crowd dont really care about the music so aren't listening.

and to the idiot that said 10 threads out of however many doesnt indicate a large problem,

of course it does i doubt this entire website is made up of three or four topics which are the "real" problems.

thank you and good bye

well you sure showed them!

:D

calling moderators idiots probably isn't the best way to make a point on a discussion forum btw. and i don't see how your point about the crowd only staying to watch their mates band is relevent. you can't expect other folk to force people to watch your band, sort that out yourself! that's a problem that occurs in every venue up and down the country, you gotta make people pay attention to you.

as for bitching and backbiting the only place i ever see that shit is on this board when people start shit threads like this one and maxi's restore my faith one. everyone i know in the music scene is fairly supportive, co-operative and has time for everyone else regardless of style of music. so enough talking shit on here and let's get on with making some music shall we? good.

• Upvote 1

Well done for completely missing my point, and also for making the most nonsensical post on this thread (a tall order, I know). The point I was making was that there already threads for people to moan about the local scene in existence, and they crop up far less regularly than threads that have something positive to contribute. Some people just look for negativity and something to moan about, while the rest of us are actively striving to contribute to and improve the local music scene. The people who just want to moan about this site, people in Aberdeen, musicians, bands and their friends without contributing anything of value can go and get bent, as far as I'm concerned.

GERRRRRRRIIIIIIN...:up: :up:

The people who just want to moan about this site, people in Aberdeen, musicians, bands and their friends without contributing anything of value can go and get bent, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah let's silence every critic, stick fingers in ears and say LA LA LA continously. That'll be a big help.

Oh but there IS a music scene in Aberdeen, it's called called Death Metal. I hate it myself but I can't deny the fact that it's there and everywhere, it's pretty annoying when you walk past drummonds and hear a crazy death metal "growl" but I can't deny it, there is an Aberdeen music scene. Not to mention the amount of unfairly talented musicians going round.

There is nothing new in the scene, maybe that's the guy's problem, but there's so much been done in the past that it's virtually impossible to do something new anyway.

Oh but there IS a music scene in Aberdeen, it's called called Death Metal. I hate it myself but I can't deny the fact that it's there and everywhere, it's pretty annoying when you walk past drummonds and hear a crazy death metal "growl"

Awwww, nooooo. Now someone's going to have the defintions of death metal conversation....

Oh but there IS a music scene in Aberdeen, it's called called Death Metal. I hate it myself but I can't deny the fact that it's there and everywhere, it's pretty annoying when you walk past drummonds and hear a crazy death metal "growl" but I can't deny it, there is an Aberdeen music scene. Not to mention the amount of unfairly talented musicians going round.

There is nothing new in the scene, maybe that's the guy's problem, but there's so much been done in the past that it's virtually impossible to do something new anyway.

The definition of "unfairly talented musicians" please while you're at it.

Yes, I more than likely am, I can never find any other bands going around, I am into Indie rock at the moment and I don't see any of that going around, just death metal and drummonds lol!

I did see this punk band once and the bassist had a humongous cello, it was amazing how he could play so fast on that encumbering brick.

But otherwise it's all metal.

Yes, I more than likely am, I can never find any other bands going around, I am into Indie rock at the moment and I don't see any of that going around, just death metal and drummonds lol!

I did see this punk band once and the bassist had a humongous cello, it was amazing how he could play so fast on that encumbering brick.

i'm pretty sure you mean he had a double bass. it was probably short notice.

you're also definitely going to the wrong gigs as there's plenty of indie bands around.

http://www.myspace.com/mapsuk

www.myspace.com/genevieveuk

haha well if im being honest i guess i was being lazy...i couldnt really be bothered scanning to see if there other threads like this although i had suspected there might be! although i fail to see why the dudes running this place just let this thing run instead of getting rid of it!

however i did leave my first comment kinda open ended. i understand that other people can find exactly what they want from the scene and thats cool. i was hoping that those guys spoke out and let me know what it is they like about the scene so i could perhaps experiance it for myself. i guess i was just frustrated and looking to see if there was anybody that felt the same. i have come up with a few ideas to encourage some enthusiam and if anybody else is interested in this kinda thing then send me a PM. this thread kinda turned into an example of the kinda shit i was on about.

*sticks fingers in eyes and sings lalalala*

:laughing:

Everybody should get along to Peacock on Sunday night! Collaboration or should I say collision of art/music/experiment... All provided free of cynicism and with happy feet! Proof if proof were needd that good things happen regularly in the Deen.

see DiZZY SToRM for more info

Not even mentioned the IMP Constellation gig at The Tunnels... Oh...

*sticks fingers back in eyes and puts on ace music*

You think there's no scene here? Go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, Aberdeen pisses all over both. We have easily the healthiest, most active scene in Scotland, and one of the best in the UK. Kids these days...don't know they're born! ;)

It's true. The majority of venues and promoters here go out of their way to promote gigs before the actual night, unlike a lot of places in other cities who decide to stick posters up during soundcheck.

Playing a gig out of Aberdeen really makes you appreciate how lucky we are.

You think there's no scene here? Go to Glasgow or Edinburgh, Aberdeen pisses all over both. We have easily the healthiest, most active scene in Scotland, and one of the best in the UK. Kids these days...don't know they're born! ;)

I wouldn't say it was particularly healthy, but it's definitely one of the most active and vibrant ones around. I'm missing Aberdeen like mad as there's just fuck all on here - you have to go into London to see anything :(

Yeah let's silence every critic, stick fingers in ears and say LA LA LA continously. That'll be a big help.

Exactly, if people don't recognise that their is a problem, then no one will think otherwise.

It is like anything in life, if people don't speak out, no action will be taken. Simple as.