aberdeen-music

aberdeen's music scene

ultra-violent

is it just me or is the aberdeen music scene a bit dull and not as exciting as some people make out? personally i dont think theres a lack of quality in the bands. there just seems to be no enthusiasm and a general lack of support. thers a lot of internal bitching between bands aswell. basically too many egos and not enough honest showmanship...anybody got anything to add that i may have missed out? anything good about the scene would be nice aswell!

It's pretty much the same everywhere you go. People have bands they like, people have bands they don't. It's called having a taste.

Personally, I'd say the scene is really good right now, and seems to be attracting plenty of higher profile bands to the area.

This really is boring. It's been said so many times before. Refer yourself to the thread entitled 'restore my faith'.

It's pretty much the same everywhere you go. People have bands they like, people have bands they don't. It's called having a taste.

Personally, I'd say the scene is really good right now, and seems to be attracting plenty of higher profile bands to the area.

This really is boring. It's been said so many times before. Refer yourself to the thread entitled 'inspire me'.

Dont you mean "please restore my faith"?

There isn't and never has been an aberdeen music scene

Fuck's sake, not that one again.

Definition of scene from dictionary.com:

an area or sphere of activity, current interest, etc.: the rock music scene; the fashion scene

There is an Aberdeen music scene. If there wasn't then this website wouldn't exist, there'd be nowhere to go see bands on a Saturday night and there'd be no bands to play there either.

Fuck's sake, not that one again.

Definition of scene from dictionary.com:

an area or sphere of activity, current interest, etc.: the rock music scene; the fashion scene

There is an Aberdeen music scene. If there wasn't then this website wouldn't exist, there'd be nowhere to go see bands on a Saturday night and there'd be no bands to play there either.

Its not a real scene, just a bunch of children dressing differently to look cool

Its not a real scene, just a bunch of children dressing differently to look cool

I think this guy is just winding folk up for shits and giggles.

It's more shit than giggle though.

bunch of children?! Most folk I know that play in bands in Aberdeen are in the 20-30 age bracket and by your posts I'd guess you're about 17?

jeeeesus christ :rolleyes::sleeping:

:laughing: :laughing:

well why dont you get off your ass and do something 'exciting' for 'the scene' instead of expecting other people to hand it to you on a plate? christ :rolleyes:

Agreed :up: :up:

seriously though, i'm going to end someone soon.

Do it! Do it!

Then start a "scene" in prison - it might be better than this apparently "shite" one we have up here. ;)

I went into get my lunch today in a nice restaraunt. I asked for a soup starter with a Large plate of 'Aberdeen Music Scene' to follow... I was promptly told that this was not possible for the waiter to do and to help myself from the Buffet that contained the 'Aberdeen Music Scene dish'. I also found a large and tasty looking section of 'art scene and writers group'. There were many more but I didn't have time or belly space. What I did notice was the amount of people that were expecting the waiter to run after them. He did spill one dish on this fat lazy obnoxious git though, I and many others laughed!

Apparently they do take away but don't deliver!:up:

Guest bluesxman
I went into get my lunch today in a nice restaraunt. I asked for a soup starter with a Large plate of 'Aberdeen Music Scene' to follow... I was promptly told that this was not possible for the waiter to do and to help myself from the Buffet that contained the 'Aberdeen Music Scene dish'. I also found a large and tasty looking section of 'art scene and writers group'. There were many more but I didn't have time or belly space. What I did notice was the amount of people that were expecting the waiter to run after them. He did spill one dish on this fat lazy obnoxious git though, I and many others laughed!

Apparently they do take away but don't deliver!:up:

Heh, do you have a whole list of these that you've devised, just waiting to throw them out every couple of days...:popcorn: