aberdeen-music

hamsters

Bobby

Being an idiot and not knowing what a hamster looks like i bought the missus one Ages ago..also the pet keeper wouldnt let me leave the store without 55 worth of accesories including a cage bath wheel and dog chew?...Only to discover it was a guinnea pig i had bought...WHAT a stinky c*nt of a thing it was aswell..It liked nothing more than peeing on my dog which in turn repaid the compliment by peeing on the guinnea pig...It all got messy untill i gave the guinnea pig away....

Avoid king street.

Sounds harsh, but its not until you know what your talking about and ask questions that you see the guy in there knows not very much about his animals.

Buying a poorly kept animal from him just gives him more money to bring more in.

He keeps hamsters about 10 per cage, he keeps spiders, lizards, turtles etc with a water tub with a sponge in it (Breeding ground for bacteria). He keeps arboreal (tree dwelling) snakes spiders and lizards in shallow tubs with nothiong to climb on. He doesnt have a clue about temperatures,humidity levels, of his animals. He couldnt tell you a latin name for any single one of his animals. He handles them all incorrectly causing much stress to them. He cant tell you where theyre from, the birth date, he cant guarantee the sex, if its a reptile or spider he doesnt give shedding dates or vital details like that.

Overall do yourself a favour and boycott that shop.

Theres a nice little shop in peterhead will do you a cheap healthy hamster. Im sure theres lots in the surrounding areas too. Just avoid king street!

Avoid king street.

He keeps hamsters about 10 per cage, he keeps spiders, lizards, turtles etc with a water tub with a sponge in it (Breeding ground for bacteria). He keeps arboreal (tree dwelling) snakes spiders and lizards in shallow tubs with nothiong to climb on. He doesnt have a clue about temperatures,humidity levels, of his animals. He couldnt tell you a latin name for any single one of his animals. He handles them all incorrectly causing much stress to them. He cant tell you where theyre from, the birth date, he cant guarantee the sex, if its a reptile or spider he doesnt give shedding dates or vital details like that.

Do you stalk him or something!

Agreed about the King Street shop - absolutely clueless. Although the last I heard was that he had retired and the shop was up for sale.

Don't bother getting a hamster, they're just pointless. Get a rat - far more intelligent, you can teach them tricks and evryfin. I used to have one that would come when I called his name, then he'd sit on my shoulder and watch telly. Totally housetrained as well.