aberdeen-music

"Pete Doherty is a load of poo" say Girls Aloud

http://www.nme.com/news/girls-aloud/24800

"He's supposed to be this musical genius, but has anyone heard his singing? I've heard a Babyshambles album and it was like, 'What am I listening to!?' We could make a record that sounded like that, but could he make one that sounded like us?"

Pearls of wisdom there from Nadine Coyle. I want to hear a Girls Aloud record that sounds like Babyshambles, it would be ace.

I take it they aren't aware that they're also a load of poo. Manufactured pish.

Yes, but I could happily look at Girls Aloud for hours, more than 5 seconds of looking at Mr Doherty makes me start to fear I might catch something.

In light of these comments you would hope that he will go round to their homes, bludgeon them to death, get caught by the fuzz just as he's finishing off the last one and subsequently be given a life sentence. You can but dream....

I used to think they were pretty nice young ladies until I *cough* happened upon a TV show of their tour diaries and realised to my dismay (but not surprise) that they are all despicably shallow, stupid, annoying, demanding, talentless, vacant, prima dona hoors that would be better dead....and I only watched it for 2 mins, honest!

Well, four of them anyway.

I think I'll re-evaluate my opinion down to 3 to be honest. The Ginger one and Kimberly (yeah, I've seen their 'behind the scenes' show, big woop, wanna fight about it?) do nothing for me. Cheryl and Sarah are constantly changing for the number 1 spot.

I wish they would bugger off to where they came from. I'm not a big doherty fan but success has clearly gone to their heads and they think far too much of themselves as musical 'artists'. Who gives a fuck if they look like fucking dolls. Most programmes they're on are balls anyway. I'd rather walk down Union street on a sunny day where you'll see plenty nice looking totti in the flesh.

Rant over:swearing:

The fact is, Nadine's right. Doherty has contributed to one half-decent album (Up The Bracket) which showed some promise in the songwriting, if not the musicianship or singing stakes. Everything else has been absolutely laughable, self-indulgent, half-arsed nonsense that appeals to an ever-decreasing circle of obsessive fans.

Girls Aloud, on the other hand, have consistently produced smart, catchy, memorable pop music and have been getting better at it since they started. Who cares about their personality? If everyone judged artists by the way they behave behind the scenes, no-one would ever buy music again.

I wouldn't really say they produced it, since it's not them that writes the songs.

But that's besides the point really. "Biology" was musically light years ahead of anything Doherty could even dream of creating. In fact, it's like a Mr Bungle song in comparison to toss like "Fuck Forever".

i like the fact that in the new video all the girls are in suitably slutty attire except for the ginger who's been made to wear a polo-neck all in one jumpsuit. shame they didn't give her a mask too.

kimberley has a hot body, regardless of what her face looks like. nadine looks like she'd cry during sex. i'm all about tweedy-cole.

Girls Aloud are amazing. I challenge any band to rival "Love Machine" in the feel good pop stakes.

I agree about Kimberly though, she has a moon face. I know a few people that rate her as their favourites... I just don't get it. Sarah Harding or Cheryl Cole all the way.

I reckon Pipettes could certainly rival Love Machine.

Girls Aloud are amazing. I challenge any band to rival "Love Machine" in the feel good pop stakes.

I agree about Kimberly though, she has a moon face. I know a few people that rate her as their favourites... I just don't get it. Sarah Harding or Cheryl Cole all the way.

i like kimberly. she doesn't look as fake as the rest of em, and looks more fun and smiley. the rest are sour faced chavs, though nadine is hot.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i would love to fuck cheryl tweedie, nadine the irish one and the blonde one brutally and simultaneously. the ginger one and the other one get to cool me down with giant banana leaves

The fact is, Nadine's right. Doherty has contributed to one half-decent album (Up The Bracket) which showed some promise in the songwriting, if not the musicianship or singing stakes. Everything else has been absolutely laughable, self-indulgent, half-arsed nonsense that appeals to an ever-decreasing circle of obsessive fans.

Girls Aloud, on the other hand, have consistently produced smart, catchy, memorable pop music and have been getting better at it since they started. Who cares about their personality? If everyone judged artists by the way they behave behind the scenes, no-one would ever buy music again.

Don't Girls Aloud have a writing team therefore they haven't actually wrote these smart,catchy memorable pop songs?

The depressing thing is they will always get the recognition.

It's the same with the whole Robbie Williams/Guy Chambers fiasco.

Pete Doherty is nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. The Doherty/Barat team that made the Libertines was amazing, Dave has commented saying Up The Bracket was half decent although personally I think it is great except for the scream at the start of the title track. Some certain songs are great such as "Time for Heroes", "Vertigo" and my favorite "The Boys in the Band".

Girls aloud may be nice to look at, but they are awful to listen to.

As with many bands, I'd much rather listen to the music and not have to look at the people making it. Girls Aloud do fairly good bouncy pop but they look like idiot stick figures with no souls. Phnar.

Doherty is actually quite pretty and comes across as a semi decent guy and although the music he's involved with is a bit bland, I've a new found apprieciation for him seeing as I wake up to the intro to some Babyshambles song every freaking morning the boyfriend stays over (fucking MP3 players on mobiles). But I don't think he deserves half the shit or the praise that he's given.

You can't really compare the two bands though, they're polar opposites both looks and sound wise.