aberdeen-music

Drakes reopening as - The Sapphire Club

Guest NULL

Guest Jake Wifebeater
YES!!!!!

I recall having a huge bust-up with one of my ex's over this subject (my respect level for this person is zilch and we basically don't talk now). As far as I'm concerned if you've got a lady you should perhaps be focusing your energy on her not wasting it on some slapper in a club.

Best thing to do with exes, avoid, avoid, avoid. If he was busy arsing about in a strip club while in a steady well, time to give him the Spanish Archer.

Guest DustyDeviada
Maybe it'll be a club aimed specifically at anorexics! They are a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

:up:

I sometimes get the odd drivel text saying that he was such a knob and he understands why we don't talk. Damn bloody right we don't talk.

Mobile phones should have a built in breathaliser to stop you doing stuff like that when you are drunk. You get the idea, you blow into the phone and it says "Sorry, you're too drunk to phone your ex at 2am on a Saturday night. She's really not going to be as pleased to hear from you as you think she will."

Mobile phones should have a built in breathaliser to stop you doing stuff like that when you are drunk. You get the idea, you blow into the phone and it says "Sorry, you're too drunk to phone your ex at 2am on a Saturday night. She's really not going to be as pleased to hear from you as you think she will."

Ta-daa!!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2261802,00.html

Guest bluesxman

I found myself in the one on Bridge Street a few months back for a stag do, bit clichd but these are the things that happen at times, doesn't mean you are going to be in there rabidly chucking money at everything in there. I swear that one of the women in that place had a stomach which suggested she was pregnant. :moody: So the reality is possibly not as appealing to any sane bloke as their womanfriend may convince themselves, an element of trust in your partner comes into it. Of course if they are in so often they could qualify for a season ticket that's a wee bit different.

A Korean student who bought the device said recently: You breathe into the phone and itll let you know how intoxicated you are. It sounds simple but I was testing one after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels (whiskey) when I vomited all over the phone.

That's the best bit in that whole article. Reminds me of when my friend was sitting on my couch at the end of the night, in the time it took for me to go and get something from the next room and come back he'd managed to cover himself in vomit. Then he decided to wash his spew ridden clothes and proceeded to break my washing machine by throwing in, not just the chunk covered t-shirt and khakis but the paper kitchen towels he'd been using to mop up as well. Fool.

I went into Bugsy Brown's when I was fifteen and I didn't think it was all that bad.

And I'm a girl.

I didnt go into one until I turned 21 and it was only because I was working there :up:

Rubbiss

They only pretend to be interested in anything you say to get money off you, no different to prostitution. And pole dancing is about as arousing as iced-water over the bollocks anyway, pointless gyrating.

Not always true. Some of the girls are genuine and if you don't want to give them money you tell them that and then see which ones will stick around listening to you. I don't know if you would find a stripper who would understand you anyways. :p And pole dancing can have more then gyrating in it. If something annoys you that much don't pay attention to it.

I know that strip clubs are really not for everyone and I agree that some blokes that have partners should be spending their money on their partner more then a stripper.

Anyway I was told that the Sapphire club would be a swingers club.All sounds dodgey to me.

Let's see how it does.

Cat xx

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I don't know if you would find a stripper who would understand you anyways.And pole dancing can have more then gyrating in it. If something annoys you that much don't pay attention to it.

Not sure what you're getting at with the first bit, but never mind. As for pole-dancing, it just leaves me cold. It doesn't annoy me, because I ignore it.

Guest DustyDeviada
Hope it isn't full of straight blokes looking for 'hot bi-babe action' which unfortunately happens in Bi / Swingers' bars and clubs.

Is it going to be a bi/swingers bar? o_O

Must have missed that bit. Just as well you said, otherwise I might have taken Mrs Deviada in for a Babycham one night.

• 2 weeks later...

re Club Sapphire

Me and my mate tried to get in last night not just thinking it was a new nightclub ala' Drake's..but no we were stopped at the door cos we were wearing trainers! Upon enquiring they told us they had a very strict dress policy and they were looking for class clientelle..they have no chance. It's bloody in Shiprow where the hookers hang about outside and not inside..can only hope that this place fails miserably and is burnt to the ground and is then rebuilt into a two storey Drakes

Me and my mate tried to get in last night not just thinking it was a new nightclub ala' Drake's..but no we were stopped at the door cos we were wearing trainers! Upon enquiring they told us they had a very strict dress policy and they were looking for class clientelle..they have no chance. It's bloody in Shiprow where the hookers hang about outside and not inside..can only hope that this place fails miserably and is burnt to the ground and is then rebuilt into a two storey Drakes

Thing is, maybe they do have a very good chance. If they're looking for class clientele that'll spend 50 a head, they won't need that much in the way of punters. Shiprow's also due to see massive changes sooner rather than later - so maybe they've got their heads screwed on, especially if they can offer something that caters for rich bastards with money to spend.