aberdeen-music

Drakes reopening as - The Sapphire Club

Guest NULL

I thought Oh Henrys had bought it and it was going to be opened as a back lounge to their place with a staircase connecting the two. That's what a guy who works at oh henrys told me.

DOesnt it already belong to oh hrenrys

I just walked past it a couple of hours ago - was the Drakes sign outside taken down a while back? It's not there now.

I took the front one down before moving out. The one round the side in the car park that I couldn't be arsed taking down was there last time I looked. Kinda wish I had bothered now but hey, moving on and all that...

I'm glad its not being used as a venue, I think it would have been a tad difficult for me and possibly a few others to venture in the door to see a gig, It was a bit special and more than building. Opening as a venue would have been great for the music scene though as Aberdeen does still needs a 100-150 capacity venue.

STORM THE WALLS FOLKS! Lets fight them on the beeaaatches!

Guest Laura@TMB
so long as TwoJoe isn't doing any lapdancing:down:

I dunno about that Alan... sure would be better than watching a couple of auld slappers wi' their tits trailing doon aboot their waist "dancing" (oh sorry, that should have read cabaret performers o_O )

Oh dear...

:down:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Sorry, the places make my blood boil. It's verging on pathetic that men go to these places. Yes, I realise girls go too.

Likewise, I can honestly say I've never gone to a strip club. What's the fucking point? They only pretend to be interested in anything you say to get money off you, no different to prostitution. And pole dancing is about as arousing as iced-water over the bollocks anyway, pointless gyrating. It's not as if it's difficult to pick someone up for the night, so why people go to these places beats me.

That is the worst font/logo ever. Looks like it should have been in business in the 80's. Also agreeing with the person who is wondering how it can be "exclusive" and aiming for the classy market but also specifically mentioning stag nights. I bet the owner is sitting somewhere thinking he'll end up with a sophisticated classy establishment like the ones in movies like Closer or the James Bond franchise. Fat chance of that in Aberdeen.

Yes I am bitter that just as I got old enough to go to and appreciate Drakes it shut down, meh.

Personalized party packages can be developed for any event' date=' [b']for groups of 6 up to 130 with, please contact the club directly to discuss your requirements. Customized party package options can include buffet food, chauffeur driven limousines and even hotel accommodation of desired.

130 in drakes - really?