aberdeen-music

FIFA World Rankins

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

FIFA World Rankings

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Oct-2006,00.html

Well done to Scotland for getting back to a respectable 25, I know they are a bit silly, but still a good general indicator. Can't remember how far we fell under Vogts, but I think it was to about 80 or something.

Well done to Northern Ireland too, ahead of ROI!

No matter how silly they are, these are the rankings that are used to determine seedings for Qualifiers etc. So if we managed to hold onto (or even improve upon) this ranking, we won't be getting the likes of Italy AND France AND Ukraine in our groups.

I still harbour hopes of qualifying for Euro 2008, but to do that we reeaaallly need to get a result against Italy home or away, and Ukraine at home, as well as beating all the "so called" lesser teams in the group. Its a really tall task, but there's always a chance.

We'll be coming... :love: :love: :love:

They were a right load of shit when we were 88th but I like them now! When you look at the teams above us you can admit, without feeling like we are a joke nation, that they are mostly better than us. We were behind some obscure (in footballing terms) african nations not so long ago. It does wonders for the 2010 qualifying draw if we can keep it up. We'll be the big team in our group!