aberdeen-music

Did anyone go to Sikth?????

Johnny Mac

Yep, and yes, I thought there was a fairly good crowd. 350 odd maybe?

Sikth were great although I was hoping they would play for longer (little over an hour I seem to recall). Played a few tracks off the new(ish) album as well which was nice. The Architects were also impressive yet again although the support act after them (I forget their name - they were from the US) were pretty ordinary.

I love Sikth, but couldn't make it. I would like to hear more about the Architects set, if anyone has any comments. I've heard a couple of their songs and they seem like they've got a lot of talent and potential. Any song that can hold your attention for 10 minutes, while making it seem like 2 is good by my book.

dunno if this was all the way though the gig due progessive intoxication, but it seemed like the left monitor kept cutting out. also, i feel sound left a bit to be desired, it was the skies of millenium night riff at the end, think my expectations of how it would sound live maybe were slightly high. glad they played it though, it centres me knowing the fact it exists.