aberdeen-music

How do I add my event(s) to the calendar?

Neil

Before you can add your event to the calendar please make sure it meets the following criteria:

- The event must take place in Aberdeen City or the surrounding Aberdeenshire area.

- The event must be related to the local music scene in some way. Examples of events that are suitable for the calendar are local gigs, festivals, musician workshops and radio/television/online broadcasts related to the local music scene.

You must also have to hand the following information about your event if at all possible:

- The name of the event if applicable.
- Where the event is to take place.
- The full line-up of the event if applicable.
- The cost of entry to the event if applicable.
- The time the event is due to start.
- Any other important event information. (e.g. If it is a gig then is it open to under-18's?)

If your event meets the criteria above then simply click here to add your event to the Events calendar.

If details of your event change then please feel free to edit your event in the calendar and if your event is unfortunately cancelled then please remember to delete your event from the public calendar. This will also automatically delete the associated thread for the event in the forum.

Please be aware that all events added or edited in the public calendar are manually moderated to ensure no-one abuses the calendar. Therefore, depending on staff availability, it may take a couple of days before your event appears in the calendar from when you first submit it. Because of this we highly recommend you add your event to the public calendar in as far in advance as possible.

Note: As soon as your event is added to the calendar then a thread for that event will automatically appear in this forum!

• 6 years later...
Note: As soon as your event is added to the calendar then a thread for that event will automatically appear in this forum!

I've added a gig to the calendar, which is showing so it's obviously been approved (Psydoll at Drummonds on the 2nd of November), but a thread's not been created. Any chance this could be sorted, as I'd really like to spread the word :)

• 5 months later...

Another minor point about adding events to the calendar -

Although your end time is probably going to be after midnight, you should always set the end time before midnight. The reason for this is that if the end time is after midnight the calendar software will automatically show it as another event on the following date, from 00:00 to 02:00 or whatever. This can be confusing at first glance as it looks like there is a second gig, and anyone looking at just one particular date could end up coming along the night after you've actually played...

If it's important to put in the correct end time, just add this info to the text.

I've just gone through the calendar for the foreseeable future and amended a couple of entries, and will keep checking just in case. From what I understand, the site calendar software is due to be upgraded shortly anyway, which will hopefully sort this problem.

• 2 years later...

I've now updated the first post to reflect how things work on the new web site. Same system in place - add your event to the calendar, it will be approved by a staff member and a thread then automatically created in this forum associated with the event. Events can also be RSVP'd to as before.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...