aberdeen-music

please restore my faith

stuartmaxwell

Whats the point in being so defensive?

Probably because he isn't actually signed to a label and/or has a record for sale. Because quite frankly, I can't think of any other reason why an artist would not want to make people who are interested in their music (i.e. myself and some others in this thread) informed of how to buy it.

I think Stripey likes to make music. Maybe it is best to just let him get on with what he does.

I dont know why everyone is taking the piss out of him. Met him outwith this digitized domain?

Its simple really, he has aired his opinion of Aberdeen music in general, his blanket opinion is that its all shit....he's entitled to his opinion of course even when he cant or wont be more specific, he also wont divulge where his own personal tastes lie so we could help him find something he likes locally, thats also fine, but when all the spiteful venom and alleged hatred of all things local comes from a "local" musician# who is unwilling to air his attempts at artistic creation for the people he criticizes to judge his ability, and when some of his work is uncovered he denies its merit due to it being old/work in progress, then I for one must assume that person is monumentally full of shit.

Would you or I purchase a work of art without a sample or previous experience of the artist? no we wouldnt.....only a complete fool would expect someone to purchase it unheard, and that I guess would go for the entire record buying public.

So my opinion of Stripey's music is..... average/repetitive/boring, and thats not going to change until I hear some of his current innovative fresh complete work thats for sale through his American record label (which I think is a fabrication BTW)

As for the comment about letting stripey get on with what he does...... I would agree with that 100%.... but only when he does the same.

See, I might be opinionated and outspoken, but you people are *actual arseholes*.

I have no desire for you to like my music, I don't give a shit if you hear it or not, I don't write it for people like you. That's why I don't advertise it to people like you. Infact I think it's fucking pathetic that you actually hunted down some of it down just so you could slag it off.

You're surprised that some scrap of music I wrote last year which I left lying on my harddrive doesn't sound mindblowing? You're surprised that a dance record I wrote 2 years ago isn't some fucking paradigm shift of style and content? You're surprised that I'm not furnishing you with lashings of incredible music which lives up to my stated ideals? Newsflash, country bumpkins, it's called *ambition*, you simple minded fucks, my philosophy and my approach is a statement of intent, not a boast.

Take a fucking look at yourselves for christ sake, ganging up on me like a bunch of pitchfork waving hicks, persecuting me because you don't like my opinion. "Oooh your making it up!" hahahah. Give me a fucking break.

See, I might be opinionated and outspoken, but you people are *actual arseholes*.

I have no desire for you to like my music, I don't give a shit if you hear it or not, I don't write it for people like you. That's why I don't advertise it to people like you. Infact I think it's fucking pathetic that you actually hunted down some of it down just so you could slag it off.

You're surprised that some scrap of music I wrote last year which I left lying on my harddrive doesn't sound mindblowing? You're surprised that a dance record I wrote 2 years ago isn't some fucking paradigm shift of style and content? You're surprised that I'm not furnishing you with lashings of incredible music which lives up to my stated ideals? Newsflash, country bumpkins, it's called *ambition*, you simple minded fucks, my philosophy and my approach is a statement of intent, not a boast.

Take a fucking look at yourselves for christ sake, ganging up on me like a bunch of pitchfork waving hicks, persecuting me because you don't like my opinion. "Oooh your making it up!" hahahah. Give me a fucking break.

are coming across as a cock on purpose ?

See Stripey, We may might be an opinionated bunch of Provincial Hicks, but you are an *actual arsehole*.

We have no desire for you to like our music, We don't give a shit if you hear it or not, We don't write it for people like you. That's why We don't advertise it to people like you. Infact we think it's fucking pathetic that you actually hunted some of it down just so you could slag it off, If you have no interest in it why do you even come on our local website?

You're surprised that some scrap of music we left lying on Myspace doesn't sound mindblowing? You're surprised that an Indie track we wrote 2 years ago isn't some fucking paradigm shift of style and content?

You're surprised that we're not furnishing you with lashings of incredible music which lives up to our stated ideals? Newsflash, you elitist bastard, it's called *ambition*, you boring cunt, our philosophy and our approach is a statement of intent, not a boast.

Take a fucking look at yourself for christ sake, pissing and moaning on a local website, persecuting us because you don't like our opinion.

hahahah. Give us a fucking break.

The fact is, yes, there are a lot of terrible bands in Aberdeen, but there are also a smatering of decent bands, talented bands, trying to break out and do something new and original.

Implying that any band that comes from Aberdeen and uses a guitar is automatically musically unworthy makes about as much sense as saying that all electronic music is fucking pish ken?

So who do you write your music for?

Can I suggest that if you don't want people "like us" listening to it that you don't make your music available from a web site that the world+dog can access and that you don't post links to your music on this web site? Because that is what you have been doing.

Right, i for one, am actually being nice to you. But in view of what you just said:

1. The 'label' you are on is like some kind of dance orientated smallsville USA record label that isn't very far removed from 'Fat Hippy' or 'Lithium'. Not a bad thing by any means, but nothing overly exciting.

2. If you were THAT bothered about people finding your work you wouldn't've used the name you post with on here as your artistic name.

3. If you are bothered about people hearing stuff that is so yesterday you wouldn't still have it up on that site, you would have your label replace it every so often with something fresh. There, for the record, is nothing wrong with your song.

4. I do think there is a bit of a witch hunt going on, but to be honest you've brought that on yourself. When you irritate and belittle so many people on a daily basis you've got to expect people to pick holes in what you do, especially when you've tried to create an air of importance around who you are and what you do.

5. Hahahahahaha you look like a right dingus in your photo (j/k) ;)

We were being civil when we were asking you genuine questions but then you dropped your dummy and started acting like a baby.

Now after reading this it confirms that you are indeed a prima donna. Making music so only certain people can hear it?

Guest bluesxman
Right, i for one, am actually being nice to you. But in view of what you just said:

1. The 'label' you are on is like some kind of dance orientated smallsville USA record label that isn't very far removed from 'Fat Hippy' or 'Lithium'. Not a bad thing by any means, but nothing overly exciting.

That's being a bit generous. Looks more like the product of a group of bedroom revolutionaries who met in an 'Electronic music rules dude' chat room, shared their tunes , developed an internet circle jerk, built a web page and put out a 12".

Look at their My Space page, there's a guy on his page pictured smoking a bong for fuck's sake, how terribly cool.