aberdeen-music

New LEVEL FOUR Recordings!

Sam 45

Well we have finally gone and got ourself some proper recordings. Reocrded with Paul and Steve from Stanely in their studio. Did 3 songs for the demo and 1 for other reasons. They will be up for download once copyrighted.

http://www.myspace.com/levelfour

Cheers

Sam

PS. Myspace is being a wank so only 3 are up so far.

PPS. Myspace being real wank, songs dont seem to be laoding.

PPPS. Rep points for people who comment - when the songs are working obviosuly.

Well we have finally gone and got ourself some proper recordings. Reocrded with Paul and Steve from Stanely in their studio. Did 3 songs for the demo and 1 for other reasons. They will be up for download once copyrighted.

http://www.myspace.com/levelfour

Cheers

Sam

PS. Myspace is being a wank so only 3 are up so far.

At Uni, just now so can't listen to them but use purevolume.com as you can upload much more.

I listened to your songs.

I liked your tunes, you use some interesting styles and there was decent playing on them. Maybe the only thing I'd say is that 6 or 7 minutes is quite a long song, I'd maybe put your two shorter songs first on the player so that people don't get put off. It is a long time to try and keep the attention of a myspace music trawler. I have nothing against long songs, it's a shame that most things have to fit into a really small time window. Sometimes it is nice to let a song develop over a long time and find its way. But for maximum impact you need those songs that just say it all in 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.

I would give you more of a crit on the music but I'm not the best at it, would just sound like a load of pretentious shite probably. You sound proud of the songs and the effort you've put in does come through. I'll need to see you live before I can make my full judgement. Would you say that the recordings were representative of you live performance?

Colin

• Upvote 1

Not bad like :) Not too keen on Paul's mix but thats down to personal taste i guess.

As the songs go musically they sound like you've spent a lot of time on them in the writing process, which is always nice to hear the results of, and the overall instrument tones are nice too.

I'm not a massive fan of the vocals or the overall style of the music but you guys are definately moving on leaps and bounds these days. I shall come and check you out live sometime soon to get a better representation of the whole package.

Cheers for the feedback guys.

Yeah i understand about the length of the songs being a slight issue. Long songs don't phase me but in terms of the majorit 3/4 minute songs are where it seems to be at.

I think it is definately a good representation of how much we have improved over the summer but unfortuantely college and university have started up and again so its prett tough to practice with us living in different parts of the country. Despite this we are gonna try play a few shows inbetween now and christmas.

Anybody else got any views?

Guest idol_wild

I like your two new tracks, I must say. As already said, it's clear that, as a band, you guys really are moving on leaps and bounds. I don't know exactly what sort of song-writing process you use, whether it's largely individualism or band-based, but keep it up because it's working and showing maturity.

Vocals aside, you remind me a little of (don't take this the wrong way) the rockier moments of The Cranberries and Smashing Pumpkins even, but almost with a kind of epic post-rock twist to it. I like how the new songs progress and reach a peak.

I'll come and see you guys live to see how it comes across.

I listened to your songs whilst doing the dishes the other day but didn't comment at the time because I had suds on my hands (I think I added you though?! How exciting, I know!). Although they are not fresh in my memory I know I liked them. You've concentrated on the songwriting aspect that many bands forget. I will be back to listen to them again. :up: