aberdeen-music

A Tune-a-Day, the Kitchen Cynics Way

Alan Cynic

Suggestions...

Non subscribers should not be allowed to be a guest.

Guest's should also have a small additional fee to pay, they are getting the chance to work with a living LEGEND after all!

:up:

That sounds quite achievable.......will do!

(Would also give me a wee break).

If you run out of ideas for song titles then you could always follow Fantomas idea - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspended_Animation_%28Fant%C3%B4mas_album%29

It would be a task for you to do a month where you write a song for what you did that day - then again "got up / had Shreddies / wrote a song" might be a common thread!! ;)

You going to try to keep the themes of each month in the songs? Ie, summer songs in July, a guy Fawkes song in november?

If you run out of ideas for song titles then you could always follow Fantomas idea - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspended_Animation_%28Fant%C3%B4mas_album%29

It would be a task for you to do a month where you write a song for what you did that day - then again "got up / had Shreddies / wrote a song" might be a common thread!! ;)

You going to try to keep the themes of each month in the songs? Ie, summer songs in July, a guy Fawkes song in november?

I thought each back cover would be a monthly calendar, with the song titles by each number.

I'll keep the songs vaguely in keeping with the time of year, or not time-specific.

Aha, dear unc

The 'Dry Rot Rock' collection sounds like a worthy challenge for a songmeister like yersel. Perhaps a bank of suggested song titles may help you? Maybe even people could have custom made songs written for their choice of title? Put me down for a subscription. P.s my suggested songtitle 'the glittering chippolata'- Marc Bolan reference here obviously. Gordy Majestic

• 2 months later...
Guest DustyDeviada

So... I guess this has started now.

Alan, firstly, when can we get together to record a tune, and secondly, how about an online diary on here of the progress through the year, not every day, but I'm sure it would be an interesting read and whet the appetite for the actual CDs?

Thanks, Dusty!

Yes...I've now started, despite having one of these winter bugs that are going about. I meant to record the boats at midnight on Hogmanay, as i had lyrics called 'The bells and the boats', but I was tucked up in bed before 10pm, so didn't manage. The song is finished now though (boatless)!

I'm ready and willing for some recording....perhaps next week? (Wed night or Thurs through the day are best for me, but I'm flexible). :)