aberdeen-music

A Tune-a-Day, the Kitchen Cynics Way

Alan Cynic

I sent the paper ones to folks in the USA (first wave of postings). My own one is a paper one, and I'm going to laminate mine next week at work....I could probably sneak a couple more through the machine before anyone notices! (costs me next to nothing at work...but not free, sadly).

i can laminate them for fuck all, pm if interested

Thanks Lester...sounds like a plan!:cheers:

I'm doing a local pub crawl tonight..starting at the Clubhouse, and probably going to the Holburn next.

Many thanks to all from abdn-music who played/co-wrote on the Tune-a-Day...including

Amber, Balvack, Bigsby, Bob Bouma, Del, Gavlar, Graeme, Jan Deal, Lester, StewCat...if I've missed anyone out...apologies!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Apparently the Boddamers got there first.....the story is that a French ship got wrecked, and the Boddam folk though the monkey was a french spy, but the facts (??) are that a ship DID get wrecked, with a monkey being the sole survivor. Salvage rights could only be claimed if there were no survivors, and the Boddamers weren't sure if the monkey counted or not, so they hanged it, just in case.

An English music Hall entertainer heard the tale, and made it into a song about Hartlepool characters, so they have claimed the dubious monkey-hingin' glory :)

From the EE today:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1023987