aberdeen-music

Ever been barred from a pub or club?

Sue Denim..

Never barred from anywhere, got into a pretty heated row with one of the bouncers at Gs, though. I can't remember what I said but apparently some of the insults I used were 'brilliant, but didn't make sense'. Those bouncers are horrible.

If you can't remember what you were saying then the chances are you were being a dick (too). :up:

This reminds me of one of my favorite stories from the time I worked in a pub.

One quiet evening in a Peterhead pub located on the main street, (for the purpose of this story I will call it the Cuntinmental) a group of guys came in. One of them came to the bar and ordered a drink whilst the others went and sat down. The guy got the drinks and went to join his mates. After about ten minutes a walked over to the table and spoke to a couple of the guys I knew. I asked them what brought them into the Cuntinmental, as I had not seen them there for quite a while. They replied that they were here with "Yankee". I knew Yankee as a likable man but a bit of a drinker and a bit rebellious and because of this he was banned from most pubs in Peterhead. I looked around and could not see Yankee. I asked where was he. This is when one of them pointed to a small box on the table. They told me Yankee had passes away and they were going round all the pubs in Peterhead where he was banned from and sprinkling some of his ashes just so he could have one final "last laugh" over the landlords. Brilliant!

I DJd at that. I have fond memories of Yankee at festivals, we used to REALLY cane it wi Turk and aa the ither naerdaeweels. We had a burial at sea - aff a fishing boat in the bay of refuge, cos it was too roch to ging oot o the moo, most of the ashes were thrown overboard, and the rest eaten and skinned up and scattered about various pubs, it was an ACE send aff.

I liked the wee tribute in The Buchanie , it said, Ye can tak the loon oot o the toon, but ye canna tak the toon oot o the loon. Yankee was a Hells Angel and spoke fluent Dutch, but he aywis spoke in Doric .

Aye biz, and what would some of the young ones of today think if they met Yankee in a pub? Jeezo, I've seen folk moan on here because some "random" spoke to them in a pub.....fuck me it's a social place at the end of the day....be fucking social. What about Mole (RIP)? they would have had him strung up after only five minutes of his rantings about Frank Sinatra or Frank Zappa.

BTW, heard you've stopped smoking. true or false?

• 5 months later...
Guest dopethrone
You seem like the kind of dick who would do something like that. No back story or anything at all? Just bottled him?

Plenty back story, just not anything I want to disclose on the internet to a bunch of creeps.

Someone asked if anyone was barred, I answered the question. Happy?

Plenty back story, just not anything I want to disclose on the internet to a bunch of creeps.

Someone asked if anyone was barred, I answered the question. Happy?

If the above is your argument then you should've just said "Yes" without mentioning bottling. Without a back story it's implied that you just went up to a stranger and went "Katcha ya cunt" with a bottle.

I've never been barred but I was refused entry to Korova Klub as they thought I was on something. I have incredibly dark brown eyes. So at night time after a couple of pints it looks like my pupils are massive. I was like "I'm not on annyytthhiinnnggggg" And they just said my pupils were massive and if I didn't move the police would come 'n' get me.