aberdeen-music

I Fly Spitfires#2 29/9/06 - This Friday!

Thanks one and all to those who came to the last Spitfires night in the Tunnels. We're doing our level best to fight for the juiciest bands we can get our mits on! We think we've succeeded with this bill:

The Victorian English Gentlemens Club

victorian.jpg

(Not Victorian, Not English and only 1/3 gent but creators of arty, brilliant boy/girl rock on Fantastic Plastic Records)

Attack and Defend

attack.jpg

(Electro-indie wizards from Wales)

Miss The Occupier

occupier.jpg

(Glasgow three-piece power pop with added anger featuring ex-members of Josephine)

Maps Point North

maps.jpg

(Shimmering post-rock dynamism from local champions. And there's no getting away from it, they used to be in Dedalus, who were rather good)

Clubnight 12 - 3 with Spitfires Disco DJs playing:

Broken Social Scene, Cap'n Jazz, The Smiths, Lift To Experience, The Clash, Cut Copy, Interpol, The Faint, New Order, Pavement, The Cure, Guided By Voices, The Fall, Les Savy Fav, Iggy Pop, Pixies, British Sea Power, Sonic Youth, Bloc Party, Talking Heads, The Jam, The Beat, My Bloody Valentine, Postal Service, The Drifers, Stevie Wonder, Gang Of Four, REM, Dinosuar Jr, Sleater-Kinney, Television, Decemberists, Velvet Underground, Chameleons, Mclusky, Unwound, For Against, Shellac, Yo La Tengo, Ride, Violent Femmes, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, Film School, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Weeding Present, Buzzocks, Underworld, Hot Chip, Blondie

Doors- 8pm (First band- 9pm)

Friday 29th September

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae/East Green, (Under Marx and Sparks)

Cost - £4

You can check out all the bands at their respective myspace pages or on the wonderful Spitfires North myspace page: www.myspace.com/iflyspitfiresnorth. Please do become our digital friend. Then come to the gig and become our physical friend. Not like that.

Much love,

Spitfires x

I Fly Spitfires is in association with the good folks at Drowned in Sound

th7bdf49bf.jpg

Thanks one and all to those who came to the last Spitfires night in the Tunnels. We're doing our level best to fight for the juiciest bands we can get our mits on! We think we've succeeded with this bill:

The Victorian English Gentlemens Club

(Not Victorian, Not English and only 1/3 gent but creators of arty, brilliant boy/girl rock on Fantastic Plastic Records)

Attack and Defend

(Electro-indie wizards from Wales)

Miss The Occupier

(Glasgow three-piece power pop with added anger featuring ex-members of Josephine)

MAPS

(Shimmering post-rock dynamism from local champions. And there's no getting away from it, they used to be in Dedalus, who were rather good)

Clubnight 12 - 3 with Spitfires Disco DJs playing:

Broken Social Scene, Cap'n Jazz, The Smiths, Lift To Experience, The Clash, Cut Copy, Interpol, The Faint, New Order, Pavement, The Cure, Guided By Voices, The Fall, Les Savy Fav, Iggy Pop, Pixies, British Sea Power, Sonic Youth, Bloc Party, Talking Heads, The Jam, The Beat, My Bloody Valentine, Postal Service, The Drifers, Stevie Wonder, Gang Of Four, REM, Dinosuar Jr, Sleater-Kinney, Television, Decemberists, Velvet Underground, Chameleons, Mclusky, Unwound, For Against, Shellac, Yo La Tengo, Ride, Violent Femmes, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, Film School, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Weeding Present, Buzzocks, Underworld, Hot Chip, Blondie

Doors- 8pm (First band- 9pm)

Friday 29th September

The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae/East Green, (Under Marx and Sparks)

Cost - 4

You can check out all the bands at their respective myspace pages or on the wonderful Spitfires North myspace page: www.myspace.com/iflyspitfiresnorth. Please do become our digital friend. Then come to the gig and become our physical friend. Not like that.

Much love,

Spitfires x

Better now! Spitfires is at pains to appease those cheeky cartographers!

tonight! yowza!

i don't know what time we're going to be on stage, it was originally going to be 9 but hugh works till 9 so that's no use. might be 9.30 or just after 10 for us. no idea about miss the occupier.

woa, where'd those pics come from? the victorian english gentlemans club one is great.

did anyone here come down? twas a good night with much beer and whisky. attack and defend were interesting and have the potential to be really good but aren't quite there yet. i think they need to focus their sound a bit more instead of having what seemed like 5 potential songs in one. miss the occupier were ace and i didn't catch victorian english gentlemans club.

much wierdness with some ned party next door so tons of dodgers wandering around singing football songs and scrapping. thankfully most of them seemed uninterested in the gig.