aberdeen-music

ebay gold?

stuartmaxwell

My bass player just bought a Little Big Muff and an Ashdown... fuckin hell, it's quite literally the filthiest bass sound I've ever heard

I just got myself a little big muff for playign bass woth too, a most excellent pedal :)

Still need the ashdown though :( I only play at home atm though, so the guitar amp (Marshall JCM200o) does the job pretty well

David

A little off topic, but would it be correct to say that the little big muff is essentially the same as a big muff, only in a smaller casing? Considering buying a big muff to replace my rat, which I've actually just decided I'm completely fed up with, but was considering the LBF instead if it produces the same sound.

On topic, Maxi... you lucky swine on that bass purchase. Looks to be a sweet rig up too.

• 2 weeks later...

is that a precision deluxe? work comp won't let me look at ebay. also, how much was the 400+ and where from?

nice choice of cab but what about a 4x10 or a 4x12 and a 1x15? far easier for transport and it means you've got the bassy kick of the 15 and the option not to have the whole rig with you at times when it's not convenient to do so.

/x

got the amp shipped over from america. just had it converted to our power supply and checked out by this guy www.emersonwilliams.com dennis marshall. the guy reckons that i have a "fantastic head". probably due to the fact that it is a 92 model and still has the russian mesa 6l6s (12 count em! nae light) in em (before they started using chinese made ones). he also stated that the amp had been hardly used. not bad for £650 bucks when it retails at £1350 over here

:D

tis a precision deluxe, looks, sounds and plays like a dream for me. VERY happy. deceptively small too :)

as for the cab, i picked it up brand new for 500 bucks and a trade in of my crappy ashdown 4x10. transport isnt really an issue for me as i have a car and the cab fits in with seats down, but for gigs we generally will use a van. i do like the idea and sound of the combined 4 x10 + 15, but ill be knackered enough lugging one don stairs, never mind two! and at this cost i couldnt refuse. plus its bigger and makes me feel like i have an adequate penis size

that's a decent setup. i've never played through a 400+ but i've been long intrigued by them and i've certainly no complaints about the 8x10. ampeg stuff is flavour country. and playing a rob-from-radio-lucifer signature edition through it is a fine choice!! at some stage i plan to upgrade my setup with a nice amp but i've no need for it at the moment unfortunately.

/x