aberdeen-music

FAO Top Gear Fans - Hammond in critical condition after crash

Chris

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if anyone was offended. I'll remove all traces if you want. I did think twice before posting but decided it was kind of in the spirit of the team's humour anyway e.g.

"Mr Hammond's wife Mindy was at his bedside in the Leeds hospital and he was also visited by Top Gear co-hosts Jeremy Clarkson and James May.

Mr Clarkson told the Sun newspaper that he had insulted Mr Hammond's driving skills - prompting a smile from Mr Hammond. "

Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, leave it Frosty.

Look what James May had to say:

"I was chuffed to see him and although he's muttering, he seems much like the irritating little shit I know and love. Even when he can't say much, he seemed to make as much sense as he does when he can talk normally."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/22/nhammond122.xml

Guest Jake Wifebeater

He seems to be on the mend, so I'm expecting the jokes to start coming through, here's one:

What do Richard Hammond and a Gladiator's husband have in common?

They've both shot off in a Jet.

• 2 months later...
First proper interview after crash on Jonathan ROss tomorrow night.

Clips here

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Hammond tells of 'lost two weeks'

I was quite tickled by the bit about wishing his wife had run a stanley knife down his face just so he could have a scar to show for everything he went through. Bless 'im.

Looking forward to watching the full window :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was the things he said to camera before the final run that was so amazing. Him saying that this could be the worlds biggest crash, and after the second run he's just panting and saying I feel so alive, so alive.

Clarkson was pretty good about it, he kept the banter going and kept it light hearted. There was even a mocking edge to his final speed kills comment.

Pete

inthehills