aberdeen-music

FAO Top Gear Fans - Hammond in critical condition after crash

Chris

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way quentin 'twat' wilson is talking you'd think he's dead already.

but prepare yourselves, there is a serious chance he might not make it, poor bastard but like steve irwin he was doing what he loved and there are always risks involved.

hopefully he'll get through it...

Guest DustyDeviada
:( I hope he's ok' date=' between Brainiac and Top Gear he's become one of my fave presenters - it's too soon after Steve Irwin to lose another![/color']

Well, they say celebrities die in threes, so if Hammond goes I'm hoping it's Russel Brand who completes the hat-trick.

I bet you took days off school when Princess Di died as well.

However' date=' you're right - it's not harming me. I just find the whole "cry for a dead celeb" thing a bit mawkish.[/quote']

He's not dead.

And hopefully won't be.

I agree with Rainbow P.

He's one of the best broadcasters on telly just now and it would be a damn shame to lose him. Top Gear is one of the best things on telly and it's the three different personalities that make it work.

I bet you took days off school when Princess Di died as well.

However' date=' you're right - it's not harming me. I just find the whole "cry for a dead celeb" thing a bit mawkish.[/quote']

That's so fucking condescending. It doesn't matter if someone is a celebrity or not, I bet you've read stuff in the papers that has upset you and you didn't know the person or people involved. Compassion isn't one of those stupid 'emo' things you know, it is actually OK to admit hearing about someones death or injury is distressing. Quite frankly, a 280mph car crash involving anyone would illict the same response from me, the fact that I know who Richard Hammond is just makes it slightly more sad because he's not just a name in the paper.

No disrespect to the guy' date=' but why the fuck is this deemed worthy of so much coverage!?[/quote']

Because he's featured on many excellent TV shows in the last few years and is a well liked and respected presenter. Almost everyone in my office watches Top Gear every week, whether they are interested in cars or not, and all of them have been talking about this today. There's also the fact that the BBC, SKY and ITV all employed him at one time or another so they're going to be keen to report the condition of one of their own.

So there's some reasons why.