aberdeen-music

Draconian VS. Richards

totally thrilled with how it turned out.

arm2.jpg

Sweet, really like this! Saw this on his myspace earlier. Just spoke to Sarah Schor at Red Hot and Blue and paid a deposit so she is starting drawing a half sleeve for me to be done in the next few months!

Been scouring Tattoo Magazine - Skin Deep and Skin Shots Forum - Powered by vBulletin for a while and every time you search for good reports on tattoo artists in Scotland you get the same answers...Paul Slifer, Richard Pinch, Sarah Schor and an unbelieveable number of people recommened Gary Weidenhoff @ Inkredible Kreations in Perth whos work of all styles is undeniably awesome! Sorry but Richards the only Aberdeen based tattooer who seems to get a look in.

ha ha I've been searching pic's & tattoos (hence asking the question!) My tattooist is in Dundee and I ain't just popping down there for a chat. I am already on that case....just interested in the aritst he spoke to ;) there are soo many birds!

I went down to Edinburgh to see Paul before the first tattoo he did for me. Mind you, this is because I wanted to see the place beforehand. Got a tracing of my arm done as well. For some reason I always book early appointments with him, which meant when I when to get the colour done on my right arm I had to get up at 5am in the sodding morning. The upside was, when he learned of this, he gave me a free t-shirt and pin badge. Moral of story = not only is Paul an awesome tattooist, he's a thoroughly nice bloke.

Nautical theme for the one on me back methinks. :up:

just checked out his website. seems quiet good

my left leg is reserved for Judd Ripley from Sailors Grave tattoo in Copenhagen

Nice. My mate who posted earlier went to Copenhagen last year and got a half sleeve from Unkle Allan which is VERY nice!

• 4 weeks later...

respect

i would say that richards is the best by far in aberdeen to get inkd the guy has many years inkin behind him i know a few artists all over the country who know this guy and have all said they have the upmost respect for him not to forget jimmy who has done a magical black n grey piece for me n they r sound guys

i would say that richards is the best by far in aberdeen to get inkd the guy has many years inkin behind him i know a few artists all over the country who know this guy and have all said they have the upmost respect for him not to forget jimmy who has done a magical black n grey piece for me n they r sound guys

Do you know any other tattooists who are utter bastards to women? Yeah he likes to tattoo men, but the moment a lassy walks in his eyes fucking roll and they get warned "you moan or cry once and I stop"

Lovely guy!

Do you know any other tattooists who are utter bastards to women? Yeah he likes to tattoo men, but the moment a lassy walks in his eyes fucking roll and they get warned "you moan or cry once and I stop"

Lovely guy!

Oddly enough, he said the same thing to me..... I guess I must just appear effeminate.

• 7 months later...

Hay i came across this on line as i was away to look at draconian tattoo.

now signed up and i'm a newbee.

From what i have heard that richard is not an easy person to get a tattoo done by esp reading on here that if he stops he will not start again for me that is a put off.

I got my first and second tattoo done at draconian well pleased with both my first one was done by kev he was brill esp when my sugar levels drop, my second was done by stiyx he was the same , these guys have many years behind them and been in mag's won awards etc, but i just gor my third done in New York last week for many resons, now about to get another done on back will need few sittings for it. God i mind the day i only every wanted one.

def going back to draconian dont really trust anyone else to be fair

• 3 months later...

Got this done by Styx this morning. Really pleased with it, can't praise Draconian highly enough. He took the time to sit and go through my design with me and make sure I was 100% happy with it, made suggestions on how to improve it etc. despite the shop being queued out the door, and he really made me feel welcome and at ease, and that he really cared about giving a great tattoo. Top bloke. A million miles away from my experiences at Richards....

zysz.jpg

fafru.jpg

Not a great picture, granted, I took it on my phone so it's not very sharp. Enjoy the peek at my nipple.