aberdeen-music

Panda Eyes

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

Guest idol_wild
I've made a decision that we won't be gigging until next year at the earliest so that we don't sound too ramshackle.

Good call. Too many bands rush into it. Hone your live performance in rehearsal, get a strong set, then do it. That's the way every band should approach it.

Good call. Too many bands rush into it. Hone your live performance in rehearsal, get a strong set, then do it. That's the way every band should approach it.

Unless you are in a free - improv type of group where the whole point is to NOT rehearse or pre-plan anything and create new music during the 'performance'.

Guest Phantomsmasher
Unless you are in a free - improv type of group where the whole point is to NOT rehearse or pre-plan anything and create new music during the 'performance'.

I'd have though that free/improvised groups would need to jam a hell of a lot more really, just so they become more fluid while working with eatch other.

On topic: Didn't really do much for me, nice pop tune but nothing that stood out majorly, the singer has a nice voice however.

I'd have though that free/improvised groups would need to jam a hell of a lot more really, just so they become more fluid while working with eatch other.

This is also a good point, but Panda Eyes I don't think will be a band where alot of jamming goes on. I'm really not wanting to gig until we are all very well accostomed to how each of us plays and we interact with each other very well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
What a pointless comment, they aren't trying to be record producers!

Anyway, i see where the MOR comments are coming from, but i think, in terms of the local scene anyway, that's anything but safe. It would be much safer to have a lot less melody and play in some supposedly edgy or alternative style, because in aberdeen that's what people seem to get plaudits for, cos it's full of thick-skulled art rock elitists.

ah, touch

What a pointless comment, they aren't trying to be record producers!

Anyway, i see where the MOR comments are coming from, but i think, in terms of the local scene anyway, that's anything but safe. It would be much safer to have a lot less melody and play in some supposedly edgy or alternative style, because in aberdeen that's what people seem to get plaudits for, cos it's full of thick-skulled art rock elitists.

It so is.

What is with all these people who are into that wank. It's like "oh you don't like post rock so you're opinion doesnt count!" FUCK OFF!!

*sigh* this band can't play in time with each other, or in tune with each other, the vocalist's style sometimes seems somewhat out of place with the forgettably generic music which seems to come from the second-rate tv soap incidental music school of thought.

The tracks on the myspace site give the impression that the band is struggling to play the pieces, they don't sound particularly competent or well rehearsed - which doesn't surprise me because I wouldn't be arsed about putting any effort into playing these pointless and insipid songs either.

1/10, because the singer isn't completely dreadful.

New song uploaded.

It's called 'Middle Of The Road'

Another one will be added later.

enjoy!

www.myspace.com/itsmoreofaflan

We're also playing Snafu this Thursday with Welfare Mothers if you want to check us out live.

Thanks

snafu thursday peeps

panda eyes plus support

i like it and i think itll be good live!

fair enough, critiscism when its constructive is helpful but

maybe people could come and see them play together and then decide after seeing them live?

thats often how i judge a band

so whatever you think from the myspace page, i would come along and give these guys a chance

ive seen bands sound ace on myspace and crap live and vice versa! (thats not to say i think they sound crap on myspace - i dont, i was merely trying to make a point)

peace out

*sigh* this band can't play in time with each other, or in tune with each other, the vocalist's style sometimes seems somewhat out of place with the forgettably generic music which seems to come from the second-rate tv soap incidental music school of thought.

The tracks on the myspace site give the impression that the band is struggling to play the pieces, they don't sound particularly competent or well rehearsed - which doesn't surprise me because I wouldn't be arsed about putting any effort into playing these pointless and insipid songs either.

1/10, because the singer isn't completely dreadful.

whoa!!!,thats a bit harsh dude,but each to there own i guess,some of the feedback on these pages are a right slap in the face as i have had first hand experience myself but i guess not everyone is going to like the same band.

anyways my feedback on the tunes is they sound ok but as others have said its not really my cup o tea but keep it up lads,i'm sure you have put alot of work into makin these songs and for that alone respect is deserved:up:

The last tune sounds like 'Close My Eyes' by Ride

"Last night I had such a good time, but there's a price to pay, a night full of kicks, now the sun's in my eyes and i feel so weary today, I want to close my eyes....."

I am not sure if I am happy with Ride comparisons, I am going to take it as a compliment though! ;)

Thanks to everyone who has left feedback, it is always interesting to see how people view our music. The two new songs were recorded at Musical Vision by the way. I'm quite chuffed with the results to be honest.

I am not sure if I am happy with Ride comparisons, I am going to take it as a compliment though! ;)

Thanks to everyone who has left feedback, it is always interesting to see how people view our music. The two new songs were recorded at Musical Vision by the way. I'm quite chuffed with the results to be honest.

Ride comparisons are good...in any circumstances...being compared to Ride is AWESOME!