aberdeen-music

The Mitchell and Webb Look.

Old Gold

i agree about extras, suberb picked up where the last series left off nicely.

'is the bbc still run by jew and queers?' i'm still howling at that!

so i watched a bit of mitchell and webb since it was on just after and i loved peep show but found meself bored stupid and switched off bout half way through.

Much as I love Ricky I did find Extras a bit disappointing this time round. Bloom had absolutely no reason to be in it and I just don't think the celebs are very good at sending themselves up. It's the same gag every time of them playing against their image. Still had some great moments though and the final shot of Andy standing looking defeated while his sitcom is murdered on the studio floor behind him was very poignant.

I kept feeling the Cheggars scene was overdone and could have been said by anyone, unlike the brilliant Les Dennis episode in the last series...

Great dig at Lenny Henry though!

Was it the first one on Thursday - I thought M+W was fucking great!

"Are...are we....baddies?"

Everyone slagged off Green Wing when it first came out' date=' and it was brilliant. You all suck.[/quote']

I agree about M&W, the Nazi's angst was class. However I can't agree about the Green wing. I gave it a good go, but...nothing. Still, horses for courses 'n all that. I probably do suck though.

Guest DustyDeviada
Has there ever been a consistently funny sketch show?

Not the 9'o Clock News.

Mitchell and Webb was hit and miss, but worth watching again I think. Agree that the Nazis and the hospital were highlights but the "What Not to Wear" thing was good as well.

As for Extras, again, it's watchable, but nowhere near as good as The Office, or Curb Your Enthusiasm or The Larry Sanders Show. The stuff with Orlando Bloom just wasn't believable, of course she would have gone out with him. But I did like the Lenny Henry bit.

Not the 9'o Clock News.

Yes. Have to agree with you there.

Not The Nine O'Clock News was brilliant for its time. It was just a pity that it didn't get any more than the two series. A Kick Up the Eighties by the same production company was a spin off, wasn't it? Or am I havering and trying to remember my formative years all too hazily?

I reckon Naked Video deserves a mention as being consistently funny too and also Absolutely to the same extent.