aberdeen-music

To anyone who ever went or worked at Flying Circus @ Moshulu

Craig Fudge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It's Fresher's Weep this Wednesday too (not forgetting the Pars game on the telly)' date=' I can sense you rubbing your palms already......[/quote']

Absolutely comrade, plenty new talent in town and a Pars game to boot, this could be one hell of a midweep munt.

i went to the new wednesday night shindig last night, girl tried to charge me 2.50 to get in, i gave her a flyer and was told it wouldn't be valid next week and that everyone would be paying (for a wednesday night!?!?!?)

i then went up to the bar and was charged 4.80 for 2 drinks.

at this point i'd had enough and left to go to the moorings and moan to the bar staff. oh and get 2 drinks for like 2.60.... ;]

shame on you moshulu. i hope the night got better after i left a nearly empty shulu at quarter to 12 and saw the number of people clamouring to get into liquid...

you left at quarter to 12. how can you whinge that it was empty. you are a regular....you must knowthe drill??

as usual by 12.30 most fowk are there, last night the place was heaving.

dunno about drinks promos. i dont care either. exodus is a pile of rotten poo, and id rather go somewhere i can get a drink within 5 mins of waiting and not have it knocked out of my hand by some tool

the reason i left early was cause the drinks were expensive... not cause it was empty. i know it gets busier later but last time i was there it was certainly busier by 12.

i grudge weekend prices midweek in a club to be honest. maybe i'm stingy but i don't really care.

the reason i prefer to go out midweek is in general because the drink is cheaper, and i'm a skint student. no matter though, there are plenty of watering holes in town :) can't say i'm not sad that flying circus is over tho, many a good night was had...

and yeah i agree about exodus, i don't care for it in there too much either.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
did the drinks get cheaper as the night went on? i do hope so. it was dead when i left at the back of 12 cause i grudged the drink prices...

Eh? I've always thought 2.10 for a cider is very reasonable by today's standards.

Maxi's right, Weep was packed last night.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
nae on a wednesday min. loads of places in town have drinks for less than a pound midweek.

Shows how much I know, I don't really go anywhere else. Are these places with the cheap sauce good or shite?

Shows how much I know' date=' I don't really go anywhere else. Are these places with the cheap sauce good or shite?[/quote']

they're pretty good, the music might be a bit naff in some places but you soon phase it out if there's a group of ye. only reason i was going to moshulu was cause they're fairly relaxed i.d wise (even though i'm 19 the only i.d i have is a student card)..i'm waiting on my provisional coming through so once i get that i can head out into town without getting all nervous about getting id'd :up:

it makes sense to have cheap midweek drinking, most folk would prefer to go out at the weekend cause of work/study if it's the same price. i liked flying circus cause you got the drinks for a quid, no matter what the quid drink was thats what i'd have. being stingy is what being a student's all about i reckon. OH and furthering my education too ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
they're pretty good' date=' the music might be a bit naff in some places but you soon phase it out if there's a group of ye. only reason i was going to moshulu was cause they're fairly relaxed i.d wise (even though i'm 19 the only i.d i have is a student card)..i'm waiting on my provisional coming through so once i get that i can head out into town without getting all nervous about getting id'd :up:

it makes sense to have cheap midweek drinking, most folk would prefer to go out at the weekend cause of work/study if it's the same price. i liked flying circus cause you got the drinks for a quid, no matter what the quid drink was thats what i'd have. being stingy is what being a student's all about i reckon. OH and furthering my education too ;)[/quote']

I feel rich all of a sudden, being a wage slave means nights out take care of themselves.

Jam and Paramount hold the crown with 69p shots of vodka and a dash on wednesdays as far as cheapness goes. Last night was packed out with students but unfortunately lacked the competitions which made the night much better.

i've not had a chance to go to jam yet, paramount is fairly nice though.

you are the type of student i dislike

"LOOK AT ME LOLZER IM A STUDENT REALLY DRUNK ON 60P DRINKS' date=' IM AT UNIVERSITY LOLZER. APPLE SOURZ PLEASE"[/quote']

not really, i'm just not rich enough to be able to afford 2.50 to get in to moshulu midweek then 2.40 a drink or something like that... don't jump to conclusions when you don't really know anything about me, cheers :)

I don't see why changing it from cheesy rock to cheesy pop should make it any more popular with students, especially if they effectively become more expensive.

It isn't any cheaper than any other night. I don't object to paying just over 2 for a pint but student nights are generally meant to be cheaper than usual nights in some way. Previously there was the flyers for entry and the drinks wheel which randomly determined which drink was going to be 1. The games were also plainly stupid which added amusement.

I went on Wednesday, it was busy (as could be expected on freshers week) but I didn't have any more fun than usual. The previous Wednesday was more fun, to be honest.

I was there on Wednesday too. I was pretty tanked up so didn't really notice how busy it was/wasn't.

I had a pint of some green stuff that was pretty good though. Feck knows what it was though. 3 and it being green is all I remember. Oh and talking to Jake, Scorge and Thurisaz.

Jam and Paramount give me shit hangovers cos the vod they use is crap. :down:

• 1 month later...