aberdeen-music

My 1224

Lucky shot

very nice....

what's in the cab?

Its a 2x12 with Hot100's, i have a custom (not matamp) 2x10 with vintage 30's which also sounds vovely, and i can use them both in a monster stack hehe.

Yea i think i might have to take it to Captain Toms to give it a good play, have friends parents who still live out near Alford (hehe yea i came from there well Strathdon to be truthful) and his dad plays bass so we go out their and crank the amps!

I dunno what I'm more impressed with, the amp or your laminate flooring (I'd love both!!) I've only just come across this Matamp name on here but they do look awful nice....I can usually hear a sound by looking at an amp (general vibe thing...maaan) and yeah I bet they sound pretty smokin.....oh to have a fair wad of spare cash!!!

If I remember correctly' date=' Wishbone Ash use Matamp live.[/quote']

Yup your right, they were one of the first bands to tour with matamps way back in the day. They strayed away from them a while ago but had 2 custom built ones made for last years tour! They are playing the lemon tree next month 28th i think. Im gonna go along see if they are still using the Matamps but im not sure if they will as there was a competition last year to win one of their tour amps (i didnt win boo hoo). Should be an AWESOME night tho!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i have never heard about Matamp?!

What sort of stuff are they used for playing... it looks pretty sweet in a retro kind of way.

If you check out the band Sleep, they used Matamp's.

The cliche is that they are perfect for 'stoner rock' but theres a lot more to them than that. It depends on what model you use of course... For example, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac is a Series 2000 Matamp, I believe Sleep used non master volume GTO's plus some Matamp slave amps for extra volume! 8o