aberdeen-music

Rn B's

kevin.

I think R&B can be ok, it depends on what you want. IE. 'Merchant City' is good, but I can't remember the last time I saw a really nice s/h vintage guitar in there. However, the 'Vintage Guitars' shop has loads. So if you want just a 'normal' guitar or amp etc, R&B would be ok. Yes you could get stuff cheaper elsewhere, but if we said that about everything, there would be no shops at all in the NE. I mean, when was the last time you went to 'Farmfoods' in Govan for yer eerings!!

However, I have found that R&B can be way off when it come to knowledge of the items they are selling. For instance, I saw a nice LP Custom in there a while back. The R&B guy told me it was a 72, however when I checked the number it was a 79. The same a couple of weeks ago, I asked about the s/h the purple THD and was told it was a 16ohm one, only to be told later, oops I've made a mistake, it's a 8 ohm.

AofD. Sorry about the last comment, but it is true. If I made mistakes like that at my work, I would be in for the high jump!

I'll be honest Bri - if I don't know about something in my work, I pass over to someone that does! Making mistakes like that regarding the HotPlate and such are just shit though and I can't excuse that sorta thing! I tend to be honest with the customer and tell them that I don't know in depth what I'm discussing if I don't! I don't try and blag my way through and pretend the customer is oblivious to any knowledge themself!

Dominic - I hate how our prices are nothing less than by the book. I wish we did something about that dude but it isn't up to me :(

Regarding the "Fender wall" - I don't like it. It became the Ibanez wall for a while and I was more content as the Ibanez wall made space for ESP/LTD, BC Rich etc. When it re-adopted the Fender tag, it wasn't touchable. Fender (IMO) is boring. The product doesn't shift as well - not in this city anyway! - and is overpriced anyway!

About amps - I again want more than what we have. To me we have a Marshall area and a Fender area with a few Line 6, a few Hughes & Kettner and a few Orange. Where is all the ENGL, Mesa, Genz Benz etc.

There simply isn't enough stock variation. I hate having to tell people "No unfortunately we don't have it in stock but it IS available to us."

I'd be aswell to wear a badge that said "If it doesn't say Fender or Marshall it's not here. We can get it though so give us money and we'll order it!".

Harsh but true :S

so u work in Rnb?

if i can remember the EPIPHONE LES PAUL Standard was about 600 pounds. And in the merchantcity only 320 or 350 :).

U can get to the glasgow by a bus and the price of tickets its about... hm 14 pounds with returning :) so.

320 + 14 = gr... to difficult :( maybe 334 :]] u save quite alot, allmost 300 pounds. Ok then...

Do u know the prices of Slides in rnb? :/