aberdeen-music

PS3 delayed in Europe till March next year

Cloud

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2163641/ps3-delayed-europe-until-march

Oh dear Sony, what are you doing?

Apparently Pro Evo 6 and Fifa 07 are only going to appear on the Xbox 360 as well due to some sort of deal - though (as far as I've read) it seems that it's "generation locked" and so might appear on the PS2.

Anyone want to start betting that Japan/America will only see a very limited launch of the PS3 this side of Christmas?

edit : Allegedly, Sony have cut the amount of consoles at launch too - down to 100,000 in Japan and 400,000 in North America.

Doesn't surprise me one single bit. Europe are always getting the last scraps of all things video game from Japan. Sony mustn't realise that Christmas sales is a major major part of releasing a new console. If the PSP was released over here just before Christmas 2004, it probably would have given it a significant lead in the handheld market in Europe to the DS. Well, at least until people realised it wasn't as fun as the DS and UMD movies are a complete waste of money.

I'm sure if they could, they would manufacture enough PS3s in time for a worldwide launch this November. I think it's wiser for Sony to launch in each territory once they have enough stock in order to avoid the events (or non-events) seen at the 360s launch. It would be better if they launched here first though!

Just think of the price of GAME's compulsory 8 game bundles. Will they finally break 1K? Will people still buy them? (probably)

"SONY ITF!"

"MICRO$OFT FTW!"

"WTF???"