aberdeen-music

the best bands over the last year or so are....?

The Ghost Of Fudge

hello

which aberdeen bands have impressed you the most over, say, the last year... it's almost time to start considering which acts to nominate for the FUDGE AWARDS - woo hoo :)

any suggestions? (northeast based bands only)

who's floated your boat musically since this time last year?

expect the nominations to be announced mid-octoberish, and the awards ceremony to take place late feb/early march, probably at the lemon tree...

so, suggestions? don't be shy...

:gringo:

they're from inverness aren't they? that's a bit non-local for the main awards.

but on the otherhand' date=' there's always Best International Act (for out-of-town bands)...[/quote']

That was my thoughts on the subject :)

I haven't seen too many local bands that have grabbed me or progressed since last year. I guess :( and Edgar Prais are ok too but my experiences of both live are limited. I like them on cd though.

Right Hand Left are the local band that have stuck out the most for me this year musically and Project: VenHell have achieved a lot and put in a lot of hard work too.

while i'm here, i suggest these bands have kicked ass over the last year:

eric euan, project: ven hell, deadloss superstar :) , indafusion, tyrant lizard kings, babar luck or the king blues (qualify for best-out-of-town-act by having played fudgenight), the catnips, fiction/action... fluffy and the rainbow bunny for most extreme act?

moorings and tunnels for best venue?

stayover for most missed?

best clubnight - FLYING CIRCUS!!!

it looks like hines better start writing his acceptance speeches.........

talking of which, when are the exams on this year? - given that i'd prefer the awards ceremony not to fall during them... as i said, it'll probably be around feb/march next year... depending on when the lemon tree have a good free date....

I thought they were good...

But one gig in' date=' being around for 5 mins...Slightly bias...[/quote']

Well I haven't seen many new bands lately so I'm giving my shout to one I have seen. No bias, just because they're friends or my brother's band. I'm more critical of them than most other people because of that. No more biased than your shout for Edgar Prais anyway...