aberdeen-music

West Ham Sign Tevez and ...umm...the other dude

liam

gotta worry when my teams best move of the day was getting rid of liam miller :p

i think the two of them will deal fine with english premier league without too much worries. both very strong characters me thinks

lets get rumour mill go with these two. so far ive heard

the russian owns 15% of msi who owned rights to the pair and didnt want them going to either arsenal or united

msi planned the deal to make there take over of west ham happen sooner or later

moeny situation. shop window as mentioned by laim up top. brought over so can be sold on for huge profits this time next year

or are we just all too cynical and maybe have west ham just captured one of the best deals of recent times? who knows! ?(

the russian owns 15% of msi who owned rights to the pair and didnt want them going to either arsenal or united

msi planned the deal to make there take over of west ham happen sooner or later

moeny situation. shop window as mentioned by laim up top. brought over so can be sold on for huge profits this time next year

I think those have hit the nail on the head. Apparently both have £35million releases in their contracts, i reckon you'll see both move next summer for minimum bids of around £20million each depending on whose buying, obviously less for someone outside the Premiership. Good business sense for West Ham, but it is a bit mercenary, and it's not a great move for the players in my opinion.

It makes you wonder though, should anyone other than a club actually be able to own the rights to a player? In this case as both were being leased to Corinthians its an odd situation the player isn't likely to get the best out of the deal, and it just seems like a slightly more 'legit' (i use that term with a bit of caution) version of slavery, albeit one where the player does actually get paid a decent wage, but how much say did Tevez and Mascherano actually have in this?

Weird state of affairs if you ask me :p

I've no idea how it works. If either player really didn't want the move would they be forced into it? Similar to Major League Soccer (that's in the USA!) where the league "own" all the players.

[\QUOTE]

I do thinkt he MLS has a say in the players moving. Don't they just "own" them to keep contracts spiralling out of control or something. Like what happened in the leage befroe the MLS.

Not sure Sam. I think they just like to do it their way because they are American! they'll be calling it the "Soccer World Series" next!

I suppose football would benefit from having that sort of regulation on contracts so that there wasn't so many ridiculous transfer fees and salaries and the ever growing divide between rich and poor clubs. In the MLS there seems to be a lot more emphasis on "trades" and they also have a cap on the amount of overseas players allowed at one club. The sponsorship over there is pretty ridiculous though and as a result the teams don't seem to have any identity and clearly no history (as the teams change names and cities every second season!)

I learnt all this from a brief obsession with www.metrofanatic.com following Peter Canero's transfer from Dundee Utd to NYNJ MetroStars (who are now Called New York Red Bull!). He's not very popular out there.

Not sure Sam. I think they just like to do it their way because they are American! they'll be calling it the "Soccer World Series" next!

I suppose football would benefit from having that sort of regulation on contracts so that there wasn't so many ridiculous transfer fees and salaries and the ever growing divide between rich and poor clubs. In the MLS there seems to be a lot more emphasis on "trades" and they also have a cap on the amount of overseas players allowed at one club. The sponsorship over there is pretty ridiculous though and as a result the teams don't seem to have any identity and clearly no history (as the teams change names and cities every second season!)

I learnt all this from a brief obsession with www.metrofanatic.com following Peter Canero's transfer from Dundee Utd to NYNJ MetroStars (who are now Called New York Red Bull!). He's not very popular out there.

NOOO, why did New York have to change their name. I've got a New York Metrostars strip, now im behind in the times.