aberdeen-music

Czech 2 Wave Assault

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Another well-spent £4, and the ridiculous amount spent on the distro. Dave, you'll have to ease up on these gigs, the wallet's taking a pounding!

Cranial: Christ.

Fuctoff: Aye, that'll do just dandy. Was it Discordance Nation? Or Hell Axis? Fast as fuck.

Mass Genocide Process: A bit disappointing, they do that metallic mid-paced thing that Profane Existence readers go a bundle on, but not my bag, really. Kudos for the superb Doom cover, though. And the distro.

Filthpact: The usual high standards from these thugs, spot on.

A few pints at Fortress Wipe and a bag of rowies from Thain's rounded it off nicely.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
"cranial = christ"

wtf is that sposed to mean?as a member of cranial i want to know wtf ur tryin to say' date=' and if ur sayin that we're crap then at least say it in a constructive way instead of one word. asshole[/quote']

No need to throw a pissy fit, if you can't take it then split up. I'm not saying you're crap, plenty people enjoyed your stuff, but you lot bored me, simple as that, generic metal. On a more constructive note, that style really does need a bass to flesh out the sound.

you obviously dont know what generic metal is cuz we aint that. and yes we know we need a bassist we are tryin to get one but most bassists round aberdeen seem to be either crap or in a band.also keep in mind that was our second gig and our first was last December. i know you have your opinion but i cant be assed with spending time on this shit for sum1 like you to sum it all up in one word, r u a musician? if u r you should have respect for other music and if your not i wouldnt expect u to have a feckin clue what your on about

:gringo:

Top show, with both Filthpact and Mass Genocide Process kickin' it like they oughta. One of Filthpact's finest shows I thought, with MGP deliverin' a quite awesome performance too.

Fucktoff were interestin'. Short blasts of noise with a basic song structure which actually kinda reminded me of Aberdeen's Ism. Doubt if anyone here bar Jake will have come across these guys, but for those who haven't, they were an awesome 90s two piece put together by Mark Nelson (who'd later find fame and fortune with both Bloodshot and Slain) and sticksman Fraser. Released two demos, the second of which I think including their hilarious take on Discharge's Mania For Conquest. In order to satisfy their mania for Sosmix, giros are squandered.

Cranial? Um, not for me I'm afraid.

Altogether a great night. Was so cool too hookin' up with a couple of old friends who don't often get along to shows.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
you obviously dont know what generic metal is cuz we aint that. and yes we know we need a bassist we are tryin to get one but most bassists round aberdeen seem to be either crap or in a band.also keep in mind that was our second gig and our first was last December. i know you have your opinion but i cant be assed with spending time on this shit for sum1 like you to sum it all up in one word' date=' r u a musician? if u r you should have respect for other music and if your not i wouldnt expect u to have a feckin clue what your on about[/quote']

I've seen enough dodgy metal bands in the past 16 years to know that you were just another metal band, I'm afraid. I hope you do get a bass player, it'll sound much beefier with bass. As for it only being your second gig, that's neither here nor there, maybe you should have waited a bit longer before gigging? I'm in a band, but I sure as hell am not a musician! What does it matter if I'm in a band or not? Does not being in a band automatically negate a point of view?

Another thing, there's been plenty garbage posted on this site about my band over the past few years, you have to learn to shrug it off and not give a fuck. So what if some muppet on here has a go at your band? Whoopty-doo. If you get all defensive, plenty people on here will take great glee in ripping the piss out of you.

That said, there's potential for Cranial. If you get a bass player I'll be sure to come and see you again. All the best.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Fucktoff were interestin'. Short blasts of noise with a basic song structure which actually kinda reminded me of Aberdeen's Ism. Doubt if anyone here bar Jake will have come across these guys' date=' but for those who haven't, they were an awesome 90s two piece put together by Mark Nelson (who'd later find fame and fortune with both Bloodshot and Slain) and sticksman Fraser. Released two demos, the second of which I think including their hilarious take on Discharge's Mania For Conquest. In order to satisfy their mania for Sosmix, giros are squandered.[/quote']

Hey, good comparison there, Fuctoff do sound a bit like Ism. Did Ism ever play a gig? Mark's now in Cobra The Enemy w/Roddy Atomgevitter, played Tom's a wee while back.

We only got asked to do this gig like 2 weeks before the date so we probably wouldnt have gigged for a while n e way, im sorry if i sounded over-defensive just need encouragement rather than discouragement at this point. yes i know plenty of people wil think\say we're crap but i think the same of other bands so i guess thats just the way the shit slides,

peace

and in my experience every1 ive met who appreciates and understands music(especially death/extreme metal) to a high degree is a musician of some variety.no offense intended, purely my opinion

Guest Jake Wifebeater
We only got asked to do this gig like 2 weeks before the date so we probably wouldnt have gigged for a while n e way' date=' im sorry if i sounded over-defensive just need encouragement rather than discouragement at this point. yes i know plenty of people wil think\say we're crap but i think the same of other bands so i guess thats just the way the shit slides,

peace

and in my experience every1 ive met who appreciates and understands music(especially death/extreme metal) to a high degree is a musician of some variety.no offense intended, purely my opinion[/quote']

It's all cool, and I've given you some encouragement by encouraging you to get a bass player! Keep at it and you should come good.

Sold all the Fuctoff demos. Anyone else hankering for one or just wanting to see us again, we're playing the Dizzy Storm gig on October 7th with Volt, Zillah and Take A Worm For A Walk Week at No17 above Portals. I should have some more demos ready, 13 songs in 9.6 minutes for 50p, with lyrics sheet and a'thin!

Yas min thrash min blast min.

and in my experience every1 ive met who appreciates and understands music(especially death/extreme metal) to a high degree is a musician of some variety.no offense intended' date=' purely my opinion[/quote']

Christ 18 years of my life down the pan in one comment, if only i'd learned an instrument i could understand Death Metal ;(

Anyway my review of Cranial comeing from someone who doesn't play an instrument is.......

"CHRIST" o_O

Nah i really enjoyed your set and the getting a bass player is a good idea, i did hope last night when i saw you that it wasn't meant to be bass player less band as thats becomeing abit fashionable right now.

Musically i thought it was really different to most death bands on the go and thus intresting especially the melodic sections they reminded me of bands like Pestilence, Athiest, Cynic which is no bad thing.

Hopefully catch you guys again soon as we need more death metal bands in Aberdeen :up:

Musically i thought it was really different to most death bands on the go and thus intresting especially the melodic sections they reminded me of bands like Pestilence' date=' Athiest, Cynic which is no bad thing.

Hopefully catch you guys again soon as we need more death metal bands in Aberdeen :up:[/quote']

To be honest I was bored to tears apart from the Kataklysm cover.

I hate the lack of variation in the vocals.

Porridge metal does less than owt for me.

Hey' date=' good comparison there, Fuctoff do sound a bit like Ism. Did Ism ever play a gig? Mark's now in Cobra The Enemy w/Roddy Atomgevitter, played Tom's a wee while back.[/quote']

No, the guys didn't ever play a show. Were really just a recording project. Nothing more. Man, haven't heard those demos in many years, but yeah, while I haven't caught Mark's current outfit, did run in to him at Conflict's show in Glasgow April last year. Recently got married too with Oi Polloi kicking up a storm at the wedding.

No' date=' the guys didn't ever play a show. Were really just a recording project. Nothing more. Man, haven't heard those demos in many years, but yeah, while I haven't caught Mark's current outfit, did run in to him at Conflict's show in Glasgow April last year. Recently got married too with Oi Polloi kicking up a storm at the wedding.[/quote']COBRA The Enemy broke up I'm pretty sure.. Dont think Mark is in a band now.

and Filthpact played the wedding as well as Atomgevitter, Bud Hoskins and Oi Polloi.

On another note, Dave checked and Monday was Filthpact's 100th gig.

COBRA The Enemy broke up I'm pretty sure.. Dont think Mark is in a band now.

and Filthpact played the wedding as well as Atomgevitter' date=' Bud Hoskins and Oi Polloi.

On another note, Dave checked and Monday was Filthpact's 100th gig.[/quote']

I'm kinda behind the times it's true, but hey, hadn't realised that you guys had played that very same show. Cool.

And man, you've played 100 shows? Wow. :up: