aberdeen-music

Czech 2 Wave Assault

Guest Jake Wifebeater
No' date=' the guys didn't ever play a show. Were really just a recording project. Nothing more. Man, haven't heard those demos in many years, but yeah, while I haven't caught Mark's current outfit, did run in to him at Conflict's show in Glasgow April last year. Recently got married too with Oi Polloi kicking up a storm at the wedding.[/quote']

Yeah, I think I'll see if I still have the Ism tapes kicking about somewhere. No way, Mark got married? Who to?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

This has got me thinking of all the bands Mark's been in:

Fischtanke

Lemon Baby Sick

Ism

Bloodshot

Slain

Miles Apart

Cobra The Enemy

Oi Polloi? (Let's face it, it's likely!)

There's probably a few more.

This has got me thinking of all the bands Mark's been in:

Fischtanke

Lemon Baby Sick

Ism

Bloodshot

Slain

Miles Apart

Cobra The Enemy

Oi Polloi? (Let's face it' date=' it's likely!)

There's probably a few more.[/quote']

Mark was with a band called Grunge too for a time with Fraser, Morag, and vocalist Dave. Dave was from elsewhere, though from where I can't remember. And of course ya know Morag from Aktifist, and, you can also hear her with Oi Polloi on the Omnicide 7". Made it over to the States with 'em too as I recall. Anyway, think Grunge played only three or four shows around 1989. I caught 'em at a venue called Clouds.

Ah, Lemon Baby Sick. Forgot about those folks. Mark was then livin' in Liverpool. Dunno if you've ever ran in to Crispin, but LBS was a name that he'd had kicking around for a while.

About Oi Polloi... it's funny coz for a time half their number hailed from Stonehaven. Co-arranged a show for 'em too round then (think Mar. 1992), puttin' 'em on at The East Neuk with local death metal folks Inextremis.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Mark was with a band called Grunge too for a time with Fraser, Morag, and vocalist Dave. Dave was from elsewhere, though from where I can't remember. And of course ya know Morag from Aktifist, and, you can also hear her with Oi Polloi on the Omnicide 7". Made it over to the States with 'em too as I recall. Anyway, think Grunge played only three or four shows around 1989. I caught 'em at a venue called Clouds.

Ah, Lemon Baby Sick. Forgot about those folks. Mark was then livin' in Liverpool. Dunno if you've ever ran in to Crispin, but LBS was a name that he'd had kicking around for a while.

About Oi Polloi... it's funny coz for a time half their number hailed from Stonehaven. Co-arranged a show for 'em too round then (think Mar. 1992), puttin' 'em on at The East Neuk with local death metal folks Inextremis.

Grunge, of course. Didn't they support Napalm Death at the Edinburgh Venue back in the day? I remember Morag telling me about touring the U.S. w/Destroy, fantastic stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
Cool man. But what rather irritates me is that while folks will say all kinds of bad shit 'bout The Exploited, and with good reason, when scene darlings EOM choose to play a show with 'em, lil is really said.
It basically comes down to the whole "punk points" thing I reckon. Hey, maybe we'll become the biggest band in Scotland now from playing with EOM, I dunno. Aint seen them ebfore, not the biggest fan of their album, but Scoot is a top notch bloke, so we'll see how it goes.

It basically comes down to the whole "punk points" thing I reckon. Hey, maybe we'll become the biggest band in Scotland now from playing with EOM, I dunno. Aint seen them ebfore, not the biggest fan of their album, but Scoot is a top notch bloke, so we'll see how it goes.

Definitely. It does appear that attaining a certain status in the scene then precludes a lotta criticism that other "lesser" acts would no doubt have to deal with. And man, that ain't fair. But regarding Scoot, yeah, have heard very good things about him. Like EOM too. Hell, am wearin' an EOM patch right now. But, if they do somethin' which I believe is an offense to the scene and what it stands for, joke or not, then still think they're fair game, whatever their standing in the scene. Their popularity shouldn't set them apart from anyone else, though this certainly seems the case in this instance. But like I said, I'm sure they're all lovely guys and so your experiences of them will be only good.

I've not heard the most recent LP, but the Weakness 7" is just wicked.

Not that i like the Exploited at all, but I couldn't care less about that.

I've not heard the most recent LP, but the Weakness 7" is just wicked.

Not that i like the Exploited at all, but I couldn't care less about that.

Would highly recommend their latest full length. Crust at its very best. If folks wanna pick up a copy of Northern Scum, and any other of EOM's fine releases, then you can do so via http://www.extinctionofmankind.com

Returning to their playin' with a band as atrocious as The Exploited, I simply cannot fathom such a choice. Just checked the thread again, and really, Scoot's reasons in playin' this show are feeble to say the least. The arguement 'bout reaching out to new folks just doesn't hold up, and is one that has been paraded by countless bands over the years, used to justify their jumping to a major. Really expected a lil more from EOM.

• 1 month later...
it was feeble yet the only excuse i have i personally didnt give a toss about doing this gig but 2 of the others did-as for expecting anything more from us "scene darlings" well, don't if it makes anyone happy 40 turned up & the gig was shite as i expected - punx not dead ey;-) ps-filthpact rule

....eh? Which gig did you play? ..and which band for that matter? You played a DIY gig on a monday night in a pub. Did you expect 300+ with a rider and groupies? Little naive isn't it? Or is it just arrogance? Hard to tell. Glad you liked the 'pact though. Shame you ain't gonna play again as it's always good having a variety of bands on a bill. Not enough Aberdoom Metal bands on the go.

Ooka

....eh? Which gig did you play? ..and which band for that matter? You played a DIY gig on a monday night in a pub. Did you expect 300+ with a rider and groupies? Little naive isn't it? Or is it just arrogance? Hard to tell. Glad you liked the 'pact though. Shame you ain't gonna play again as it's always good having a variety of bands on a bill. Not enough Aberdoom Metal bands on the go.

Ooka

Bazz pretty sure thats Scoot from EOM guess he just stumbled across this forum doing a web search or something. The gig he's refering to was when they played with the Exploited in Manchester and so to expect that one to be busy aint too crazy an idea.

Dave