aberdeen-music

Time Trumpet

Shaki

I've never watched Sopranos yet but I reckon it looks right up my street. Would I need to borrow the box sets from series 1 to now to get into it? How many series are they on now?

Rape a celebrity Ape, Ross Kemp on Fire and "No News" have made me laugh until I cry. The deadpan-ness of Ianucci's comedy is just brilliant - was he behind the Day today at all? The guy who is meant to be Jamie Oliver, haha, brilliant!

I think the new one is series seven. It's going to be the last one' date=' unfortunately.

.[/quote']

It's series 6. I can't fucking wait! And it's officially the last one but they're also filming 8 extra episodes just now to tie up loose ends and be shown next year.

The Armando Iannucci Show is out on DVD on Monday too! Amazing, a complete void of good stuff, then the new series of the Sopranos sneaks up on me without warning, a brilliant series that I thought I'd never see again (Armando Iannucci) gets released on DVD and Hybrid release a new album on Monday (OK, so no one else will find that remotely exciting)..."Heaven, I'm in Heaven".

Shaki, you could try watching the box sets of series 1-5 before Sunday if you've got a spare 65 hours and then watch the catch-up of the new one, but you should be OK just to jump straight in at series 6.

Shaki' date=' you could try watching the box sets of series 1-5 before Sunday if you've got a spare 65 hours and then watch the catch-up of the new one, but you should be OK just to jump straight in at series 6.[/quote']

Seeing as this is the last series that gives me the rest of my life to catch up........provided I live more than 65 hours. Here's hoping.

Extras is another one I've not got round to watching more than a couple of episodes, looks pretty funny though.

Good TV?! The beginning of a revolution or a flash in the pan?!

Time Trumpet is very hit and miss and below the standard of Ianucci's previous work.

I agree there's a few tumbleweed moments in each episode. Nothing worse than dragging out a bad joke but I'm usually still laughing at there being "No News".

What would you recommend by Iannucci? That new DVD? Has he written any good books?

After Time Trumpet I switched over to the ITV News. Forgetting I had switched over, I was sitting there expecting something satirical when all of a sudden the newsreader announced "Tony blair believes that potential criminals can be identified..........before birth"

This was a genuine news story! Crazier than Geldof ending death!

Guest DustyDeviada
E4+1 min cuv!

Yup, but then it clashes with Deadwood!

Why put so much good telly on a Thursday night?

Anyway, I think The Sopranos would have a good shout at being the best television series ever, obviously a lot's down to personal preference, but it's up there anyway.

CD-Wow has a good deal on Sopranos box sets right now, 16.99 per series, bargain.

Yup' date=' but then it clashes with Deadwood!

Why put so much good telly on a Thursday night?

Anyway, I think The Sopranos would have a good shout at being the best television series ever, obviously a lot's down to personal preference, but it's up there anyway.

CD-Wow has a good deal on Sopranos box sets right now, 16.99 per series, bargain.[/quote']

Another solution - second chance sunday on e4 and e4+1. No excuses for missing it!

Guest DustyDeviada
Another solution - second chance sunday on e4 and e4+1. No excuses for missing it!

Yeah, I ended up taping it and watching Time Trumpet, I'll get Deadwood on one of the repeats. A few years ago everyone would have moaned about stuff being repeated all the time, but it is handy.