aberdeen-music

ARRGHHH new amp delayed

Lucky shot

Wh/where is this Andi guy...what is so special about the cables?

cheers

Asked on the Matamp forum what cables people were using and a few suggested Andi' date=' there is a website [url']www.monkeyfx.co.uk.

for the speaker cable Andi said "I've found something idea - 99.999% pure oxygen free copper, 315 strands of 0.12mm, PVC sheath"

for the guitar lead i got him to make me up "Klotz La Grange with one straight Neutrik Silent Switch Jack at one end and just a standard straight jack at the other end"

thought since i was getting an AWESOME amp setup i should get some good Leads also :up:

i hate when u order somthng off the net and it takes fucking ages. like my mate was buying a laney acoustic amp from gak he wait a month and it never came he phoned them up and they said it would be another 3 weeks so he cancled his order.

a Matamp isnt really an "order off the net" thing, i mean you could just email or phone them and say i want one of those, but the thing with matamp is that the will change stuff around for you. They can voice the amps differently, have different power ratings, foot switch operations etc. Not to mention they make the cosmetics exacly like you want

(all within reason of course)

so if you were to buy 2 second hand amp the same model they will likely be different.

a Matamp isnt really an "order off the net" thing' date=' i mean you could just email or phone them and say i want one of those, but the thing with matamp is that the will change stuff around for you. They can voice the amps differently, have different power ratings, foot switch operations etc. Not to mention they make the cosmetics exacly like you want

(all within reason of course)

so if you were to buy 2 second hand amp the same model they will likely be different.[/quote']

You better believe it's not a 'order of the net' amp, but I think I know what j TUH meant.

A 2nd hand 1224 would still be a good amp to get as Matamp could simply change it to suit you;)

very true but as expected it would cost money, not sure how much tho.

I went down to the Factory on the 5th Aug and i would recommend it to anyone even if you arnt able to buy one! They will still be very happy for anyone to visit and are some of the nicest people ive met!

it is like a 6hr drive tho, the factory is in Metham, Yorkshire, inbetween Manchester and Leeds!

Asked on the Matamp forum what cables people were using and a few suggested Andi' date=' there is a website [url']www.monkeyfx.co.uk.

for the speaker cable Andi said "I've found something idea - 99.999% pure oxygen free copper, 315 strands of 0.12mm, PVC sheath"

for the guitar lead i got him to make me up "Klotz La Grange with one straight Neutrik Silent Switch Jack at one end and just a standard straight jack at the other end"

thought since i was getting an AWESOME amp setup i should get some good Leads also :up:

Hi. I came across this today. I thought it might be of interest.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/cords/index.php

Thats pretty funny' date=' the next weekend. Did you order anything??[/quote']

nah i was drivign a band from glasgow on tour and we went to pick up a head that they had ordered.

inspired

when he tested it out (on one, through and average cab, without power valves kicking in) it sounded amazing. pure.fucking.tone.power.sledgehammer.at.ankles.

bam

1224 Mk6 mmmmmm tastey

1224 pretty much top of the range matamp as i understand it...

i've got a first lady (c7 with choice of output valves) coming my way some time in september....

matamp stuff is unreal... very different from the usual mainstream guitar amps, very transparent and responds heavily to the individual playing style...

i'd be interested to know what you make of the 1224 after a few weeks...

well my Matamp just arrived at work, had a little shot to see if it was all working and it does! will get some pics up soon.

Only thing is they made 2 mistakes with the asthetics of the amp that they are going to fix!

- wrong logo so they are making and sending me a new faceplate

- wrong speaker cloth so they are picking up the amp fixing it and sending it back!

its a pitty but im not too bother i have a spare cab so can still play it and id rather have it the way i want it. It does look awsome tho! hehe ill get pics before and after fix!