aberdeen-music

Cover track - testing the waters here...

HateEvent

I personally would love to find a song for Element to cover. There have been some talks of various tracks being possibilities but we've not managed to decide on one for certain just yet.

The one I'd love to do more than anything would be 'Blackened' by Metallica. I dunno how the others feel about this right enough...

What would you as the crowd member like to hear us do a rendition of?

(Just curious here, don't have your heart set on hearing it next time you see us!).

:up:

I personally would love to find a song for Element to cover. There have been some talks of various tracks being possibilities but we've not managed to decide on one for certain just yet.

The one I'd love to do more than anything would be 'Blackened' by Metallica. I dunno how the others feel about this right enough...

What would you as the crowd member like to hear us do a rendition of?

(Just curious here' date=' don't have your heart set on hearing it next time you see us!).

:up:[/quote']

As an interesting change of pace, what about something more traditional like Sabbath's "Into The Void" ?

Might be a bit slow for you guys, but it has a superb metal riff that precedes Metallica and the like by 15 years or so.

Suitably gloomy, but still relevant lyrics.

"Rocket engines burnin' fuel so high, up into the night skies they fly....etc"

DZL

Anything off 'City'by SYL would be the horse's nuts (Tony might not agree' date=' mind)......[/quote']

I concur - 'All Hail the new flesh' would be the easiest to play and most recognisable for the crowd, I suppose .

Although I'd pay you all a thousand groats if you could successully do OMFG

I concur - 'All Hail the new flesh' would be the easiest to play and most recognisable for the crowd' date=' I suppose .

Although I'd pay you all a thousand groats if you could successully do OMFG[/quote']

I can play OMFG, its not so difficult. Now drumming and singing it...........

Dan I'm better than you think... it's that baldy that gets my thousand groats kicked to the kerb.

:D

Haha just joking Hogster!

I'm actually so up for playing Blackened though!

??? I have no idea how good are you are, and neither do I have any pre/mis-conceptions!

I was meaning that 'All Hail the new flesh' is an easy-ish song to play as a band, (more specifically the vocals and the drums) - the guitars are probably the easiest thing about syl.

And like Hog says, vocally and drum-wise OMFG would be impossible, even Devin can never do the vocals 'properly'

??? I have no idea how good are you are' date=' and neither do I have any pre/mis-conceptions![/quote']

The ':D' after the first paragraph of my post displayed the sarcasm and jokey tone :up:

Strapping stuff would be fun to cover but Blackened would be more so I reckon. :)

If we did do SYL I'd prefer Detox or Consequence to OMFG or All Hail..

??? I have no idea how good are you are' date=' and neither do I have any pre/mis-conceptions!

I was meaning that 'All Hail the new flesh' is an easy-ish song to play as a band, (more specifically the vocals and the drums) - the guitars are probably the easiest thing about syl.

And like Hog says, vocally and drum-wise OMFG would be impossible, even Devin can never do the vocals 'properly'[/quote']

I could say that his lead playing kicks my lead playings ass but...my Mum plays better lead than me and she cant play guitar (she does make a mean Chicken Elizabeth though):up:

Guest Gregor Ascension

why bother with a cover.. it can be a crowd pleaser, but only if people know what it is! it just means you have to cut another one of your own songs out of your set. but if you have to do a cover, id say do something that hasnt been done before and make it metal. it can be done, nothing will get the crowd going more than a metal version of an abba song lol.

The ':D' after the first paragraph of my post displayed the sarcasm and jokey tone :up:

Strapping stuff would be fun to cover but Blackened would be more so I reckon. :)

If we did do SYL I'd prefer Detox or Consequence to OMFG or All Hail..

Yeah man I know, but I could see how my comment along with my previous comment about tone/fingers sounding like I was being condesecending... but it wasn't meant that way. (I mean I play a diezel through a mesa cab and there are lots of people that could still make a 10 watt laney sound better than me haha....)