aberdeen-music

sax needed. car needed. flute or some other cool instrument needed.

The Ghost Of Fudge

SAX:

there are two versions of rip-roaring riff-buster 'Caroline's Eyes' on our last EP, 'FEAR STALKS THE CITY'. one is slow, has sax on it and features a drum machine. it's the first version. the second version is the 'proper' recording - faster with better vocals, a real drummer and, crucially, no sax.

i just want someone to pop along to exile studios near torphins one afternoon/evening and add sax to the second version of Caroline's Eyes, the one without sax (obviously). it was always intended to have sax, but we never got round to sorting it out with phil (who played on the first version).

so basically, if you play sax get a hold of our EP, have a listen, and see if you reckon you could play the monsterous sax riff in question.

post here or PM me for further details if you might be able to help.

CAR:

who's got a car and fancies watching rachel record cello for deadloss? we need somebody to ferry two members of deadloss and a cello out to the studio in torphins. we should only take up a couple of hours of your time, and we'll give you petrol money and a t-shirt or something :)

FLUTE, or some other cool sounding instrument:

we're possibly going to be recording a new version of 'Stars', our set-closing rock 'ballad'. we're going for a spacey relaxed feel - think portishead, low, radiohead, massive attack kinda sounds. guitars, cellos and pianos we can take care of. but we demo'd a version a couple of years ago, and it had flute of it, which sounded ace.

so we're looking for someone to come along to captain tom's and provide a bit of flute.

alternativley, if you play some other weird OR wonderful instrument and think you'd be able to bring a relaxed 'something' to the recording, give us a shout by PM, or post here for further details.

FFS, I'll be able to do both, again, but it will have to be an evening, or a nice relaxed sunday afternoon - evening would be ideal!

Gimme a good bit of advance warning of when you plan to book some studio time though.

The sax will have to be a bit different as I have an alto now but, dont have a tenor anymore. Hopefully you'll have vocals on Stars this time?

Also, i'm a tad rusty on sax and flute cos I haven't been playing them much lately.

That's if you want me? :angel:

darling, we'd thank our lucky stars...

if you're 'rusty' you'll be able slink into 'that' deadloss vibe.

i'll see if i can get rach and yourself and someone with a car (do YOU have a car?) at a time convinient to both mark and myself... how difficult can that be? :D ho hum

stars-vocals-wise, do you have a copy of the first ep "are you ready to die for..."?

the original version of Stars is on that, it's got all the vocals. if you don't have it, drop me a PM with your address and i'll post you a cd.

alternativley' date=' if you play some other weird OR wonderful instrument and think you'd be able to bring a relaxed 'something' to the recording, give us a shout by PM, or post here for further details.[/quote']

remember the FeSTR Fudge Theme? remeber the 'speed panpipes'? that was all me :D

/x

Guest onlynik

D. can play Sax, Clarinet and Piano.

Although Sax and Clarinet are in Edinburgh, she may be able to asist, I'd have to check her schedule.

As for cars, you have the choice of the Hilux or the new Jaguar.

You also have my number and should know my schedule :)

rach - when did you say you were back at uni? any days you can't do? and mark says the bus is only six quid to torphins and he'll happily pick us up there' date=' but he's only got one working car just now... :) i said i'd ask ya, but i don't suppose cellos like buses much, do they?[/quote']

They can cope. Just about.

If I had alot of notice I might be able to get access to a car, but not sure how much room for a 'cello it would have... and I'd have to be able to get it back to Methlick by a certain time... don't ask, long story involving combine harvesters.

I go back to Uni a week tomorrow.

mark' date=' he say: "how about thursday after 5pm?"

rachie? we can get the bus to torphins, then he'll pick us up from there, he says...

nick? what are you and your big jeep up to tomorrow? :D[/quote']

Was working offshore on this piece of shit, had no comms so unable to even get the internet, sorry :(